"picture" file is binary (?)

Post by Jeanne Chappe » Thu, 10 Jun 1993 20:33:57

An AOL person DLed a lot of "picture" files for me to weed through for our
Users group disk-of-the-month.  I unshrunk the files using ShrinkitGS
and the files are binary - I have tried changing the file type using
"More Info" but I still don't get a picture when I go into a paint program

Can someone help me here?

  Thanks, Jeanne

   Jeanne Chappell                       |   Apple II Forever

"picture" file is binary (?)

Post by Kent Squire » Fri, 11 Jun 1993 00:25:01

>An AOL person DLed a lot of "picture" files for me to weed through for our
>Users group disk-of-the-month.  I unshrunk the files using ShrinkitGS
>and the files are binary - I have tried changing the file type using
>"More Info" but I still don't get a picture when I go into a paint program
>Can someone help me here?

Well, they could be .GIFs :)

IF they are, ypud need a GIF viewer.

A closed mouth gathers no feet.  You don't need a weatherman to know which way
                                 the wind blows.