GScii+

Post by Lawrance A. Schneid » Fri, 06 Nov 1992 09:17:25

I've asked before, but no replies!  How do I change the number of
segments per file in a GScii+ encoding?  There is a dialog at the
bottom of the screen when encoding; it asks the number of segments per
file; the number at present is "3."  I need to change it to "2" two.
 My local board has an upload file size limit of less than 100 blocks
so I need to reduce the segments to 2.  When I try to change the
number, NOTHING happens!!!  What do I need to do?  GScii+ v2.3.1.

Thanks              Larry

FidoNet:  1:132/300 Larry Schneider

0 ----> Kernel ----> Ring    207=379-3181
           ^         ^
The         \       /     Larry Schneider
"Clearly"    \     /      Bright Software
Functor       \   /        P. O. Box 120
commutes        0       Exeter, ME 04435-0120

GScii+

Post by Chris Trimb » Sat, 07 Nov 1992 00:54:43

Quote:>I've asked before, but no replies!  How do I change the number of
>segments per file in a GScii+ encoding?  There is a dialog at the
>bottom of the screen when encoding; it asks the number of segments per
>file; the number at present is "3."  I need to change it to "2" two.
> My local board has an upload file size limit of less than 100 blocks
>so I need to reduce the segments to 2.  When I try to change the
>number, NOTHING happens!!!  What do I need to do?  GScii+ v2.3.1.

 You can't. It's a feature in the way Derek wrote it. I would recommend pulling
 out your favorite text editor. :)

        - Chris
--
Chris Trimble        | We've both given up smoking, 'cause it's fatal, so whose

Beckman Mac Support  | Keep the ball, I have a whole bucketful! - Gomez Addams

1. JPEG - UU - GScii problem

I've been having a lot of JPEG problems lately with downloads from the net,
especially from the WWW.  GScii signals a CRC problem usually with the last
line of the uu-encoded file.  I have tracked some down to a blank line between
the last line of code and the "end".  Usually the encoder puts a "`" on this
line.  When it doesn't GScii can't handle it.  If I add a "`" or delete the
blank line the CRC problem is not signalled but the graphic is muddled in a
variety of unpredictable ways.

Sometimes there is a CRC error on the last line and i cant figure out the
cause at all.  In any case i dont understand  UU or JPEG format enough to
fix it.

JPEG.View 1995 FAPPLE Offline viewer, draws the initial miniature pass then
just lets go and closes the file.  Not very flexible software.  (But the only
one i know of unless Second Sight address JPEG.)

I would assume there are a lot of non-standard JPEG encoders and non-standard
UU encoders circulating around.  Would this be a good guess?

Is GScii getting dated and need to be rewritten to address new standards or
common non-standard implementations of UU?

Is there a better UU decoding implementation for the ][gs than GScii?

Does anybody else out there ever encounter this problem?

Does anyone know a fix?

terry

2. Catalog and Reader Compatibility(4.05 and 5.0)

3. GScii+

4. multiple CD-ROMs player ?

5. GSCII+

6. Looking for references on the embedding problem

7. Gscii 2.3.1 segment cont won't change

8. This MUI thing

9. GSHK / GScii+ conflict

10. Gscii

11. GSCII versions