"IIe" and "STM" question

Post by Big D at » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi all.

I'm trying to find a site to download Stop The Madness, and I can't find
it for the life of me.

Anyone know where it is?

Also, for those of you who use "IIe" for the MAC, does anyone know where
to download APPLE2E.ROM?  asimov.net doesn't have it.  They have some file
called IIEROM.ZIP which does not seem to work.

Anyone have any hints?

Thanks.

Big D at SC

"IIe" and "STM" question

Post by Douglas J Ren » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Also, for those of you who use "IIe" for the MAC, does anyone know where
> to download APPLE2E.ROM?  asimov.net doesn't have it.  They have some file
> called IIEROM.ZIP which does not seem to work.

Unzip IIEROM.ZIP and you've got IIEROM.  Stuffit Expander does the trick,
I believe.

--
Douglas J Renze, N0YVW     | "We'll remember in November."

"IIe" and "STM" question

Post by David M. Scuffh » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all.

>I'm trying to find a site to download Stop The Madness, and I can't find
>it for the life of me.

>Anyone know where it is?

It's on robot and cassandra.ucr.edu.

Quote:>Also, for those of you who use "IIe" for the MAC, does anyone know where
>to download APPLE2E.ROM?  asimov.net doesn't have it.  They have some file
>called IIEROM.ZIP which does not seem to work.

Change the the Creator to AIIe and the Type to ROMs.

Dave

"IIe" and "STM" question

Post by Richard Slob » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all.
>I'm trying to find a site to download Stop The Madness, and I can't find
>it for the life of me.
>Anyone know where it is?
>Also, for those of you who use "IIe" for the MAC, does anyone know where
>to download APPLE2E.ROM?  asimov.net doesn't have it.  They have some file
>called IIEROM.ZIP which does not seem to work.

IIEROM.ZIP is a ZIP archive containing APPLE2.ROM; you simply have to
uncompress it.  I'm not familiar with what compression utilities are
available for Macs, but I'd be amazed if there weren't a couple that
can handle ZIP files; it's a pretty common compression format.

"IIe" and "STM" question

Post by Mark Ellio » Tue, 16 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> >Hi all.

> >I'm trying to find a site to download Stop The Madness, and I can't find
> >it for the life of me.

> >Anyone know where it is?

> It's on robot and cassandra.ucr.edu.

> >Also, for those of you who use "IIe" for the MAC, does anyone know where
> >to download APPLE2E.ROM?  asimov.net doesn't have it.  They have some file
> >called IIEROM.ZIP which does not seem to work.

> Change the the Creator to AIIe and the Type to ROMs.

No, just drop it onto stuffit expander (assuming you have expander
enhancer). It is a ZIP file (ZipIt or MacZip will also expand it). You can
change the type and creator if you want, but it isn't necessary).

Max-Planck-Institut                      voice: (+49) 208 306 2429
Fuer Kohlenforschung
Muelheim, Germany

1. Looking for "Serpentine", "Thief", "Cyborg", and "Oo-Topos"

Hi!

I am looking for .dsk or .do files with the games "Serpentine", "Thief",
"Cyborg", and "Oo-Topos". I was on the most excellent asimov site and they
seemed to be about the only games I could not find. "Serpentine" was a maze
where you chased snakes, "Thief" was a berzerk-type arcade game, and "Cyborg"
and "Oo-Topos" were text adventures by Mike Berlyn.

Thanks in advance!

2. EPSON 600 - Correct WordPerfect Driver?

3. Looking for a couple of ][ games: "Fix-It", "Alien Encounter"

4. Relay server config help

5. "ZipGS" or "TransWarp" card

6. tao thread pooling extrange errors

7. Joystick buttons: normally "open" vs "closed"?

8. Database connection

9. "640k"; "good software" (was: Byte Magazine: 18 Vintage issues, 1985-1986)

10. Serial adaptor "8 din" to "9 pin"

11. "It's Dead, Jim" or "The Case of the Dead Newsgroup"

12. "Big" RamFAST vs. "Little" one...

13. Need "dsk2IIe.zip" or "sim2du10.zip"