MacroMind Dir. - Videorecorder

Post by Christian Buchn » Fri, 04 Sep 1992 17:23:19

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with MM Dir. XObjects help me to control a videorecorder,
connected with the Macintosh. To search a defined position on videotape I put
a command in the script channel of the MM-film. The problem is: the timemarker
of the MM-film stays at the same frame, while the command is working. So it is
impossible to run the MM-film further at the same time.

Does anybody knows a solution ? ?

christian

1. spawning to my dir, not IDL dir !DIR

I'm trying to

spawn, ".\apps\myapp .\data\mydata.dat"

to use relative paths from my apps base dir so I don't have to
string together possibly huge command strings with complete
path names which could conceivably create a string longer than
DOS will allow (128 chars I believe).
How do I make it so that spawn spawns to any dir I want?

Also....

I set !path in my app with:

  case (OSVersion) of
   "unix"  : begin pathSep = "/" & pathDelim = ":" & end
   "windows" : begin pathSep = "\" & pathDelim = ";" & end
   else   : begin pathSep = "\" & pathDelim = "," & end ;macOS
  endcase
  !path =  baseDir + pathDelim + appDir + pathDelim + !path

Can I pass this to spawn so i can find stuff?

tia,
todd bowers

2. What is a SYS1808: error ???

3. DLLs for CNTRL-P interface for a SONY Videorecorder

4. This operation cannot be performed

5. .AVI VIDEORECORDER

6. Amiga 2000 4SALE/TRADE 486

7. Remote control from Onyx to 1inch Sony videorecorder

8. Difference between FP Server and PWS

9. printf on a videorecorder [was: C compilers for 8-bit machines]

10. Macromind Director => MSVC ?

11. Absolute minimal PC configuration for Macromind Director title

12. MacroMind Director Query (Background Color)