PC to Apple for Apple IIc+

Post by Gus Viloma » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Need some help!!!

I own an Apple IIc+ (not Apple IIc) and I downloaded Apple Oasis for Windows
and ADT121.  I want to transfer some .DSK to my Apple and some Apple
Programs to my PC (emulator) however I'm having a hard time finding the
right cables.  I prefer to use a null modem cable but I don't know where to
connect it on my Apple.  I have four open ports: (1) a 9-pin mouse/joystick
port, (2) a round modem port, (3) a 15pin port (monitor port???), and (4) a
round printer port.  Since all the instructions talk about connecting the
serial "null modem" cable to a 25pin Apple port, I'm assuming I can't use
these cables -> no 25 pin port.  After reading all the "help me" files, it
seems that the only program I can use is Disk Server from Oasis because it
connects the PC to Apple by the PC printer port and the Apple joystick port.
However, it seems that you first need to load a file on the Apple -> catch
22; I can't load the file on the Apple because I downloaded it onto my PC.
If possible, I prefer to use another transfer program because Disk Server
the "real" Apple II is the only possible active side.  I need to transfer
files to and from the PC and Apple.  Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Gus

PC to Apple for Apple IIc+

Post by phoeny » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Need some help!!!

> I own an Apple IIc+ (not Apple IIc) and I downloaded Apple Oasis for Windows
> and ADT121.  I want to transfer some .DSK to my Apple and some Apple
> Programs to my PC (emulator) however I'm having a hard time finding the
> right cables.  I prefer to use a null modem cable but I don't know where to
> connect it on my Apple.  I have four open ports: (1) a 9-pin mouse/joystick
> port, (2) a round modem port, (3) a 15pin port (monitor port???), and (4) a
> round printer port.  Since all the instructions talk about connecting the
> serial "null modem" cable to a 25pin Apple port, I'm assuming I can't use
> these cables -> no 25 pin port.  After reading all the "help me" files, it
> seems that the only program I can use is Disk Server from Oasis because it
> connects the PC to Apple by the PC printer port and the Apple joystick port.
> However, it seems that you first need to load a file on the Apple -> catch
> 22; I can't load the file on the Apple because I downloaded it onto my PC.
> If possible, I prefer to use another transfer program because Disk Server
> the "real" Apple II is the only possible active side.  I need to transfer
> files to and from the PC and Apple.  Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

> Gus

You will have to use ADT to transfer to the //c. Oasis doesn't
work right with it, but you could use a term program between
emulator and //c. I don't have the pin-outs handy but look
for the FAQ's they should be in there. If worse comes to worse
I can try and locate my old notes on the cable.

Phoenyx

PC to Apple for Apple IIc+

Post by DelfsAtApple2.Co » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Gus:
I would recommend a modem cable from the PC, a modem cable
from the IIc+ (IIgs/Mac modem cable) and a null modem
adapter to connect the two.  (Think RadioShack for the null
modem cable once you have the modem cables.)  Then just use
the ADT instructions to copy the ADT program to the IIc+.
(You do have a 5.25 external drive, right?)

Thankx,
Ed

Quote from ADT instructions:
ADT 1.22 requires the Apple II to have a Super Serial Card,
a card which is hardware-compatible with SSC, or built-in
SSC-compatible serial port hardware. The IIc+ and //c
include SSC-compatible serial ports.

> Need some help!!!

> I own an Apple IIc+ (not Apple IIc) and I downloaded Apple Oasis for Windows
> and ADT121.  I want to transfer some .DSK to my Apple and some Apple
> Programs to my PC (emulator) however I'm having a hard time finding the
> right cables.

PC to Apple for Apple IIc+

Post by Edhel Iaur, Es » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:50:40 -0500, "DelfsAtApple2.Com"

Quote:>(Think RadioShack for the null
>modem cable once you have the modem cables.)

I don't think Radio Shack carries DIN-8 cables or whatever they're
called--doesn't the IIc+ have those IIgs-like serial ports?

PC to Apple for Apple IIc+

Post by Edhel Iaur, Es » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:59:26 -0400, "Gus Vilomar"

>I have four open ports: (1) a 9-pin mouse/joystick
>port, (2) a round modem port, (3) a 15pin port (monitor port???), and (4) a
>round printer port.  Since all the instructions talk about connecting the
>serial "null modem" cable to a 25pin Apple port, I'm assuming I can't use
>these cables -> no 25 pin port.

Use either the printer port (AKA a serial card in slot 1) or the modem
port (AKA a serial card in slot 2).  Get a Macintosh(?) modem cable (a
*serial* cable, not a USB one.) for your IIc+ and an appropriate
*serial* cable to connect to your PC's COM port.  Join them with a
gender changer if necessary, and you'll also probably need a
null-modem adapter.  If you get just the right cable for your PC,
you'll only need the 2 cables, though.