Pascal for Mac?

Post by Matteo Ris » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi, there!

I'm here for the first time because I have a PC, not a Mac. I have a little
questio for you all.
I'm a programmer: I write application for Windows 9x with Inprise/Borland
Delphi but now I need to convert my apps to the Apple platform.
Does anyone know a Pascal (Object Pascal, Visual Pascal... at least Turbo
Pascal) development tool for Apple computers?

Thanks a lot,

Matteo Riso
http://zipgenius.web-page.net

Pascal for Mac?

Post by Mike Westerfiel » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

----------

Quote:>I'm a programmer: I write application for Windows 9x with Inprise/Borland
>Delphi but now I need to convert my apps to the Apple platform.
>Does anyone know a Pascal (Object Pascal, Visual Pascal... at least Turbo
>Pascal) development tool for Apple computers?

In truth, this is the wrong forum. This is an Apple ][ forum, not a
Macintosh forum.

But as it happens, yes. The most popular programming environment on the Mac
is CodeWarrior; see http://www.metrowerks.com. They push the C++ compiler,
but it actually comes with a Pascal compiler, too.

Apple Computer used to publish one called MPW Pascal. You may be more
comfortable with that one coming from the WinTell world. I sort of liked it,
myself. See http://www.apple.com to check on product availability.

Both are Object Pascal, but neither is 100% compatible with Borland.

Mike Westerfield