Apple website downloading problems

Post by David Southwel » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I wanted the latest version of quicktime - so I go to www.apple.com

OK Here are the problems (as described in an email today to

1. I have quicktime 3 installed on my laptop.

2. I decided I wanted to get the latest version (last Tuesday).

3. So I went to your website (last Tuesday) to download it.

4. When I got on the site I followed the links to download the latest
(free) version for the PC. Filled in the blanks and clicked the link to
download. Heh presto I get a requester to enter my name and password to
authenticate the download. But I have not previously been given any name
or password for your site so I do not have either. I scratch my head and
thought...Try again - I did but that didnt work. SOOOO I thought today

5. Well I may as well have the pro version anyway. So I fill in the
questionaire for a purchase. Hey presto I get a key number -- but foiled
again - my version 3 does not have the facility to use the key numbers
and I cannot download it because it only can be used to convert the
version that will not download into the pro version!!!

-- SOOOOO

6. Help-- you have got my money but I do not have the software and
cannot seem to find any logical way to get it..

7. BTW I tried to email your webmaster (wednesday) to let him/her know
that there is a problem with downloading quicktime but emails addressed

not (as yet) have a reply.

9. Could you please put an email contact address (for either support or
order queries) on your emailed sales acknowledgement..

I hope you can sort this out PDQ

Many thanks

 S.

Apple website downloading problems

Post by Rubywan » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

David Southwell writes ...

> I wanted the latest version of quicktime - so I go to www.apple.com

> OK Here are the problems (as described in an email today to

> 1. I have quicktime 3 installed on my laptop.

> 2. I decided I wanted to get the latest version (last Tuesday).

     Bad move! Quicktime 3 works, sometimes.

> 6. Help-- you have got my money but I do not have the software and
> cannot seem to find any logical way to get it..

> 7. BTW I tried to email your webmaster (wednesday) to let him/her know
> that there is a problem with downloading quicktime but emails addressed

> not (as yet) have a reply.

> 9. Could you please put an email contact address (for either support or
> order queries) on your emailed sales acknowledgement..

     Getting and installing and using Quicktime has been a hassle for some
time now. My solution was to delete the whole thing and avoid any site which
requires it.

Rubywand

Post by Stingra » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> 6. Help-- you have got my money but I do not have the software and
> cannot seem to find any logical way to get it..

How did he find out that I have his money?

Stingray

{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}
:
:      In a world without walls or fences,
:      Who needs Windows or Gates?
:

:
{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}{`}

1. problem w/downloading apple II images...HELP!!

I have an apple IIc for which I am trying to download games for, most
notably The Bilestoad and Questron. I've found the site at robot.asimov.com,
but I only have internet access on a thinkpad 750 running WARP. Is there
any way I can convert these files to 5.25 readable apple diskettes? If I need
to bring my IIc to work and connect it in some way, that's fine. I do not have
an apple 3.5" drive, but I do have an IBM 5.25" at my disposal. It seems like
it would be possible to link the two computers and download to the apple but I
need instructions. Thanks in advance.

                                                        azalin

2. Ethernet OUI's....

3. Problems downloading macos 9.1 and 9.2.1 updates from apple

4. Slow Mouse in DOS

5. PCT and Telix: Problem downloading from GENIE

6. Japanese

7. Downloading Shrinkit (Problems)

8. ustation BASIC

9. Solved HCGS download problems, disregard previous post.

10. Some recent download problems

11. downloading problems

12. Downloading problems

13. Downloading Problem: Help!!