GeOS in a HDV file

Post by Jon Bettenct (formerly Mr.I'mAnOutOfControlLisaSimpsonFann » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I downloaded GeOS from a ZIP file on Asimov. When I unzipped it it had 8
files, one for each side, each disk. I tried to copy the files to a HDV
hard disk image, but GeOS doesn't seem to want to operate on a disk other
than it's own. I had some problems copying some files from Disk 2 Side 2,
Disk 3 Side 1, Disk 3 Side 2, and Disk 4 Side 1, but that shouldn't have
caused any problems because I did successfully copy Disk 1 Side 1. Are
there any special files I need to have? Do I have to modify something?

Note: I do have GEOLOAD.SYSTEM, but it just acts like BYE.SYSTEM. At
least, that's the way it acts when I access it on the hard drive copy or
from another disk.

Another Note: I also have the ProDOS file on there. Without it it would
say "Unable to load ProDOS," even though there's no ProDOS on the original
disk image.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

An Apple II fanatic since 1998!              S0.5 LIS+++! M1987
"I can't stand to see you so miserable, Lis. Unless it's from
a * spider down your dress. Hmm... that gives me an idea.
(Pulls out tape recorder) Note for later: put * spider down
Lisa's dress. He he he he he."

 *_     Syntax Error: an error on a criminal's tax record.
   |    Bad Subscript: a criminal reading a book on a subway.
  ---   Unimplemented Trap: when a bear trap isn't set up
 |' ,|  properly and thus does not work.
  ---   Overflow: too many ice cubes.      <Can't Restart>

Please remove capital letters from my e-mail address to respond.

1. Old games on Apple HDD (*.HDV file)??

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to put old Apple two games (*.dsk
format) into an apple harddisk (*.hdv format).  I have been trying to do
this for quite a while now, but have been unsuccessful.  I was looking
for a program called DOS3.3.LAUNCHER V2.1.  Anyone know where it is?

2. !!!!!!!!!! GIFT !!!!!!!!!!!

3. transfer files between .hdv and .dsk/.do

4. Can use OS/2 like a route

5. The Newest and best Cad/Cam/Cae Releasez for best low price!

6. for auction GEOS,GEOS 128K, geoCALC,geoFILE,geoPUBLISH, 2 manuals

7. Mapping C++ exceptions to CORBA

8. Need GEOS .DSK files :)

9. Going past the 51 file limit, other than GEOS?

10. Interested in writing plug-ins for AppleWin?

11. '.hdv'disk-image

12. Getting SHK onto HDV