marinetti download

marinetti download

Post by Adalbert Goert » Sun, 27 Dec 1998 04:00:00



I got the following message about my problem with donloading
Marinetti. Any comments?

24578
To      : ADALBERT GOERTZ                       Date      : 12/25/1998
7:44 PM
Subject : Re:                                   Reference : NONE
Read    : 12/25/1998 7:52 PM (1 replies)        Private   : Yes
Conf    : 0 - E-Mail (Internet & Local)


Quote:> http://www.apple2.org/marinetti/Mar.2.0.BXY
>is always damaged when d/loaded from gmd.de
>I suggest that you upload in .shk format.

Firstly, .bxy is a standard in the Apple II world, and is simply a .shk
file with a binary II wrapper. Changing to .shk will only make it harder
for you to download. You don't mention at all how you're downloading it,
with what software, with what O/S, and how you're unpacking, what
program,
what O/S, so its a little hard to help out.

Secondly, you've never tried to thank me for my work, never offerred to
send anything as thanks, and you support the pirates of the Apple II
world.
Please explain to me why on earth I would bother to help you? Its people
like you that made me put in the registration password in version 1.0.

Now, take a look at the email you just sent me. You don't say hello, you
don't introduce yourself, all you do is "sugguest" to me that I do
something to help you. Is this how you get on in life, walking around
telling people what to do to help you?

Support those developers who are actually supporting the Apple II. Until
then, I hope your problems downloading Marinetti continue, because to be
honest, I didn't write it for you.

Ricchard

Adalbert Goertz responds >>>>>>>>>>>>
I cannot use marinetti, dont know whether its works or not.
Thank you Richard for a GREAT program I dont know.
If bxy is standard, why the problems?
A program like this should be posted as a text file
(uuencoded, bscit,mime, binscii)
if you really care to get praise

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Colorado Springs Pikes Peak Fidonet 128 Gateway
+ Colorado Springs, Colorado

+ User FidoNet address: 1:128/148

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Adalbert Goert » Sun, 27 Dec 1998 04:00:00


re:
Now, take a look at the email you just sent me. You don't say hello, you
don't introduce yourself, all you do is "sugguest" to me that I do
something to help you. Is this how you get on in life, walking around
telling people what to do to help you?
Adalbert Goertz responds >>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello, Richard, thanks for a GREAT program.
I use (support) Proterm and like to try your marinetti.
You can guess that I use an Apple//GS.
Maybe you dont like suggestions, but it doesnt hurt for you to
listen if you want praise.

=========================================================================
              / -----------/ \       Adalbert Goertz
              | Apple//GS  | |         Colorado Springs CO
              |.  ^   ^   .| |

              |.    ^     .| |       be user friendly like the
              |.  \---/   .| |       (no 32-bit)  Apple//GS....?
              |            | |


            / mnopqrstuvwx /|/
           / yz1234567890 /|/      browsing with LYNX and ProTerm3.1
           | ........... /|/
            \___________//      fast 8-bit email,telnet,ftp,web (no aol)
                               no virusus, no rainbow colors, no crashes
-- using TEXT UNIX LYNX browser -- no 32-bits-- no bill gates - no mouse --
I can use NO micro$oft,NO graphic$,NO net$cape,NO java,NO frame$,NO applet$
------------- so wenig wie moeglich, so viel wie noetig ------------------

 [A [A [A [A [A [A [A [A [A

+++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Colorado Springs Pikes Peak Fidonet 128 Gateway
+ Colorado Springs, Colorado

+ User FidoNet address: 1:128/148

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Dirk Froehli » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00



[What follows is from Richard Bennett, Adalbert Goertz quotes quite strange]

Quote:>Secondly, you've never tried to thank me for my work, never offerred to
>send anything as thanks, and you support the pirates of the Apple II
>world.
>Please explain to me why on earth I would bother to help you? Its people
>like you that made me put in the registration password in version 1.0.

>Now, take a look at the email you just sent me. You don't say hello, you
>don't introduce yourself, all you do is "sugguest" to me that I do
>something to help you. Is this how you get on in life, walking around
>telling people what to do to help you?

I have to agree completely. Adalbert Goertz sent me the most unpolite
email I ever got BY FAR after I rereleased my MathGraphics program as
freeware. I kept it because I still can't belive it:

Quote:>Die Anleitung zu diesem Programm ist UNGENUEGEND.
>Beispiele zum programm waeren hilfreich.

>--
>*************** Adalbert Goertz *******************************
>retired in Waynesboro PA (65 miles from Baltimore/Washington DC
>Mennonite genealogy;insect studies;selling/trading insect books
>Would anyone trade my PA home for house in CO,NM,AZ or ? ? ? ?

This is the complete email (from March 1996). Here is the translation:

The tutorial to this program is INSUFFICIENT.
Examples to the program would be helpful.

That's all. MathGraphics is a IIGS function plotting program that
I distributed quite successfully as shareware. It is mature,
works as advertised and it is very easy to use. It even HAS a manual
and lots of examples.

This guy obviously thinks because his GS is user friendly, he doesn't
need to be a friendly user...

In case anyone is interested in the program:

http://www.mech.mb.uni-dortmund.de/mech/Dirk/ProjekteE.html

Dirk

--
| Dirk Froehling - Germany, Uni Dortmund, FB Maschinenbau, LS Mechanik |

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by A2M » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00


Ricard, some people on the web are naturally cautious about giving information
(we are asked to give personal info all the time). I think the information A.G.
gave is adequate, and more than answers your request. For you to complain about
a user response is absurd. As I'm sure you know, the vast majority of folks
simply take the free stuff and you, the programmer, never hear a peep.

Please get off this personal stuff  (I know, you didn't start it), and get on
with using your talent for the good of all.

Quote:> the Delphi and Genie users were

more than happy to share their interests

Then that is where you should go and concentrate your efforts. Good luck.
Beverly Cadieux
TEXAS II an international newsletter for users of AppleWorks(R) 5.1

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by LJSILIC » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00


Richard Bennett (Nathan Mates wannabe) wrote...

Quote:>> > the Delphi and Genie users were
>> more than happy to share their interests

>> Then that is where you should go and concentrate your efforts. Good luck.

>Umm... Sorry to post the bleeding obvious, but... that IS where I
>concentrate my efforts!!!

Man, you do have your panties in a bunch lately! Get a life. Go chase a 'roo or
something constructive! You're getting as bad, if not worse, than old Nothin
Copulates!
 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by The Nam » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00


Hello Dirk!

In case people here don't know or remember, Dirk's friend is the person who had
the Co-processor webpage for the IIgs.




> [What follows is from Richard Bennett, Adalbert Goertz quotes quite strange]

> >Secondly, you've never tried to thank me for my work, never offerred to
> >send anything as thanks, and you support the pirates of the Apple II
> >world.
> >Please explain to me why on earth I would bother to help you? Its people
> >like you that made me put in the registration password in version 1.0.

> >Now, take a look at the email you just sent me. You don't say hello, you
> >don't introduce yourself, all you do is "sugguest" to me that I do
> >something to help you. Is this how you get on in life, walking around
> >telling people what to do to help you?

> I have to agree completely. Adalbert Goertz sent me the most unpolite
> email I ever got BY FAR after I rereleased my MathGraphics program as
> freeware. I kept it because I still can't belive it:

> >Die Anleitung zu diesem Programm ist UNGENUEGEND.
> >Beispiele zum programm waeren hilfreich.

> >--
> >*************** Adalbert Goertz *******************************
> >retired in Waynesboro PA (65 miles from Baltimore/Washington DC
> >Mennonite genealogy;insect studies;selling/trading insect books
> >Would anyone trade my PA home for house in CO,NM,AZ or ? ? ? ?

> This is the complete email (from March 1996). Here is the translation:

> The tutorial to this program is INSUFFICIENT.
> Examples to the program would be helpful.

> That's all. MathGraphics is a IIGS function plotting program that
> I distributed quite successfully as shareware. It is mature,
> works as advertised and it is very easy to use. It even HAS a manual
> and lots of examples.

> This guy obviously thinks because his GS is user friendly, he doesn't
> need to be a friendly user...

> In case anyone is interested in the program:

> http://www.mech.mb.uni-dortmund.de/mech/Dirk/ProjekteE.html

> Dirk

> --
> | Dirk Froehling - Germany, Uni Dortmund, FB Maschinenbau, LS Mechanik |


 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Richard Benne » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00




> I have to agree completely. Adalbert Goertz sent me the most unpolite
> email I ever got BY FAR after I rereleased my MathGraphics program as
> freeware. I kept it because I still can't belive it:

Well, this is his complete email from when he tried to register Marinetti 1.0.

===========================================================================


Subject: marinetti registration:
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 05:55:24 GMT
Organization: Pikes Peak Online


marinetti registration:

1. adalbert goertz

3. marinetti version 1.0b1
   (is there a later version?)
4. Apple//GS rom01, 6meg ram

-- ************ Adalbert Goertz ****** ph 719-390-1088 ********
----------  retired in Colorado Springs, Colorado -------------
  Mennonite genealogy of East and West Prussia prior to 1945.
------------  Netting with proterm3.1  and an Apple//GS -------

===========================================================================

Not even a simple "Hello" or "Hi".

Question 4, which stumped most people, was "Tell me a little about
yourself and your computer setup." I was trying to create conversation and
get an idea of the varying interests of the Apple II community, but all
the usual fools replied "Apple IIGS. ROM 01." Gee, nice talking with ya! I
must admit, for some strange reason, all the Delphi and Genie users were
more than happy to share their interests and chat about stuff. Maybe its
the environment...

Richard

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Richard Benne » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00




> > the Delphi and Genie users were
> more than happy to share their interests

> Then that is where you should go and concentrate your efforts. Good luck.

Umm... Sorry to post the bleeding obvious, but... that IS where I
concentrate my efforts!!!
 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Richard Benne » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00




> Man, you do have your panties in a bunch lately! Get a life. Go chase a
'roo or
> something constructive! You're getting as bad, if not worse, than old Nothin
> Copulates!

LOL!

Racism, I like it. Where else but csa2...

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Boris Guent » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00


: Man, you do have your panties in a bunch lately! Get a life. Go chase a
:  'roo or
: something constructive! You're getting as bad, if not worse, than old Nothin
: Copulates!

Yes, Richard has his moments (plenty of them to be honest!), but there is
still no reason to heat up the discussion further. Just ignore him.
If he does not want more than 100 persons who give him m*and
financial rewards, well, it's only his own problem.

If YOU want to do something constructive, how would you like to write to
Derek Taubert to resume the work on his own TCP/IP software?? A little
competition livens up any business!

                                         Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                    __
                                           |\/| /\ |__||  | | |\  |
              `Don't Panic'                |  ||__||\  |  | | | \ |
                                           |  ||  || \  \/  | |  \|

Need Apple II gs software? Visit ftp.uni-kl.de...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Adalbert Goert » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00


re:
Question 4, which stumped most people, was "Tell me a little about
yourself and your computer setup." I was trying to create conversation
and
get an idea of the varying interests of the Apple II community, but all
Adalbert Goertz responds >>>>>>>>>>>>
You didnt even respond to my registration message indicating that
you wanted conversation.
Your instructions made it perfectly clear, that you did not want to
bother with individual conversations and only your machine would
deal with correct registrations.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Colorado Springs Pikes Peak Fidonet 128 Gateway
+ Colorado Springs, Colorado

+ User FidoNet address: 1:128/148

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Adalbert Goert » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00


re:
Quote:> This guy obviously thinks because his GS is user friendly, he doesn't
> need to be a friendly user...

Adalbert Goertz responds >>>>>>>>>>>>
Dirk spielt die beleidigte Bratwurst.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Colorado Springs Pikes Peak Fidonet 128 Gateway
+ Colorado Springs, Colorado

+ User FidoNet address: 1:128/148
 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Sheldon Sim » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00




> re:
> > This guy obviously thinks because his GS is user friendly, he doesn't
> > need to be a friendly user...

> Adalbert Goertz responds >>>>>>>>>>>>

> Dirk spielt die beleidigte Bratwurst.

Hardly. I think he's entirely justified in thinking you rude for griping
about free software.

--
W. Sheldon Simms III   |   2000 is *still* the 20th century

 
 
 

marinetti download

Post by Doede Booms » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00



> Dirk spielt die beleidigte Bratwurst.

Come on... let's not get childish, but be *s.

             --Doede

 
 
 

1. Marinetti download

I have been having problems downloading Marinetti with either Netscape
Navigator 3.0 on a Windows 95 machine, that has no access to the
preferences, and on Windows 3.1 machines running Netscape Navigator 3.0
Gold under windows 3.1. I either shift-click or use the save as, select
"All files", the only option I have, and save it to my disk. When I take
the disk home, I boot up GSHK, stick the disk in my SuperDrive, and
choose the archive. GSHK then reports either that the archive is
damaged, or that it is not a valid archive. I have done this over 12
times. I even tried using GSCII 2.3.1 to see if the .bxy (Binary II)
extention was incorrect, but GSCII reports it is not a valid type. I
tried following the directions to configure the browser to reognize the
filetypes, but it didn't. Any subjestions on how to get Marinetti? I
also tried using my PC Transporter's file transfer utility to translate
the files, but had no luck.

I have also been having trouble downloading Shrink IT! archives off
Ground via HTTP. At Harper Colledge, I can't use FTP, Usenet, or Telnet,
so I have to use HTTP or Gopher. At this library, I can use FTP and
Usenet, but not Telnet.

2. irix 5.3 and netsite 1.1

3. Downloading Marinetti

4. IOS requirements for IMA

5. Problems Downloading Marinetti (I've tried over 10 times)

6. Question about MAKE.

7. Ok, I downloaded Marinetti, Look at the mess I got myself into:

8. Create a modal dialog using CreateWindow

9. Do you want to help develop Marinetti?

10. Marinetti Open Source Project

11. marinetti woes

12. Marinetti

13. Printed Marinetti Documentation