Need help finding monitor for IIGS

Post by LD40 » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

My best friend's IIGS monitor has dies.  I would like to get him a replacement
for Christmas.  I hope someone here can help me find one.  Please feel free to
email me with info.

Larry
To respond, remove nospam from my email address

Post by Ryan E » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:30:02

>Hi,

>My best friend's IIGS monitor has dies.  I would like to get him a
replacement
>for Christmas.  I hope someone here can help me find one.  Please feel free
>email me with info.

>Larry
>To respond, remove nospam from my email address

I may be wrong but I THINK that you can use a regular apple monitor for the
IIGS

Need help finding monitor for IIGS

Post by scr.. » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have an Atari ST monitor hooked up to my IIGS now.  It has sound
built-in; there is actually an audio-out pin on the IIGS video port and
there must be the same on the Atari ST since I get sound out of the
monitor.  :)

However, I need to really use a VGA monitor instead.  Where can I get a
Second Sight card?

> The RGB port on a IIgs runs at a frequency of 15kHz. A regular Apple
> monitor runs at at least 30kHz. If you can find an AppleColor RGB
monitor,
> an older Apple monitor that was used with the IIgs, you can use that.
> Other Apple monitors would require a scan doubler. A VGA monitor
wouldn't
> work unless you had a Second Sight board.

> There are some Sony multiscan monitors that work. A Commodore 1084
monitor
> would work if you built your own adapter for it (that's the monitor
I'm
> using for my IIgs).

> If you don't care about your screen being fuzzy or having weird colors
> sometimes, you can hook up the composite video port to a TV or VCR.

> --
> Jon Bettenct * programmer, writer, mathematician, and Lisa Simpson fan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Jon Bettencou » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> I have an Atari ST monitor hooked up to my IIGS now.  It has sound
> built-in; there is actually an audio-out pin on the IIGS video port and
> there must be the same on the Atari ST since I get sound out of the
> monitor.  :)

> However, I need to really use a VGA monitor instead.  Where can I get a
> Second Sight card?

You need to find someone who has one. The company stopped making them.

--
Jon Bettenct * programmer, writer, mathematician, and Lisa Simpson fan

1. Need help finding a hard to find Apple game image

Hi!

There's a favorite game of mine for the Apple that I don't hear much about.
It was released by Sir-Tech sometime around when "Galactic Attack" was
released (I think). I can't for the live of me remember the name though! It
was a top-down space shooter where you flew your ship over (well, "through"
I guess) a series of mazes. You would be attacked by a series of "things"
that appeared to resemble a cluster of "molecules" or balls that were joined
together and would break apart when hit...
Occasionally I'll remember the name, but I haven't had any luck lately...
Have you ever heard of this game? I'm not sure if it was written by
Greenberg or Woodhead...just that it came from Sir-Tech.

Thanks much!

-Greg

2. Shared folder with remebered connection

3. Need help finding a modem for a IIgs

4. Sendmail header mangling on UUCP host

5. Help needed with Apple IIgs monitor

6. FS: Perfect Sound Audio Digitizer-$50

7. Need help for repair of Apple IIgs Monitor!

8. sar output in html

9. WHere to find IIGS monitors?

10. Need help finding Apple IIe game...

11. need help finding apple IIe emulator for pc

12. Need help with finding WORKING disk images

13. Need help finding Apple IIe game...