Some recent download problems

Post by Larry W. Virden ext. 24 » Tue, 16 Apr 1991 20:22:26

Two pgms I recently downloaded had some problems I wanted to ask around
about.

The first was something called Primus and consisted of a series of
video card games such as bridge, etc.  When this one started up,
I got a blank screen.  When I clicked on the mouse once or twice
I then got a selection screen.

The other was a recently posted demo called II Megs .  I downloaded
the BINSCII version and then converted in locally.  When I ran
GSHK on it, I was told there was a bad CRC on it.  I told it to go
ahead and had a disk uncompressed - but there appears to only be
an empty directory on the disk.  I though that perhaps it was a self
booting disk, but when I tried to boot it I got a msg about a $DEAD
error occuring...
--
Larry W. Virden                 UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27

Personal: 674 Falls Place,   Reynoldsburg,OH 43068-1614
America Online: lvirden

1. FYI Recent dead //e's problem _was_ Zip Chip

Hi all,

Just to update on the problem I was having recently with a //e not booting
(gibberish on screen, no beep) - as was suggested by a couple of posters,
the Zip Chip in the machine was a dud. I got a R65c02p2 today and plonked
it in and the machine is running beautifully.

Thanks to all for suggestions on the cause, and on potential suppliers
(the chap selling 21 65c02-compatibles on ebay was my eventual source at
AU$10/US$5).

Thanks again

Sean

MacAssist                                 http://www.macassist.com.au
Ph: (02) 8920 0866      Fax: (02) 8920 0877      Mobile: 0414 270 132

2. Question on moving a models orientation

3. recent problems with binscii files

4. Crw Yamaha

5. Disk Configuration

6. problem w/downloading apple II images...HELP!!

7. boca se34srs modem - looking for phone cable pinouts

8. Apple website downloading problems

9. PCT and Telix: Problem downloading from GENIE

10. Downloading Shrinkit (Problems)

11. Solved HCGS download problems, disregard previous post.

12. downloading problems