Need Help - ID This Card

Post by Mark Cumming » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:05:23

not sure, but I see a 6522VIA (Versatile Interface Adapter) chip, so it's
some kind of I/O card possibly for experimentation. Typically you should be
able to connect a whole heap of TTL compatable inputs and outputs if you
knew which pins were which. I can't see a ROM, so I guess you'd need
software to make it work. I can't make out the white thing as the picture is
too fuzzy, or is that just a sticker ?

Mark

Quote:> If anyone out there can help I would deeply appreciate it.  I have
> come across this card that came out of some Apple IIgs computers.  I
> have attached a scan of the PCB.  It's not as good as I would like.
> The details aren't showing up and it's a little fuzzy.  The card has a
> number on it "9767" and it also has "FOR EDUCATIONAL USE" on it with
> the "LEGO" logo as well.  It has a 20 pin ribbon cable attached to it
> that mounts to the back of the IIgs.  Looks like some kind of I/O card
> with the PIA device it has.

> Any input on this would be a great help.  Thanks, Elmer

----

Need Help - ID This Card

Post by Michael J. Mah » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 02:51:02

Mark Cummings replied:

>> If anyone out there can help I would deeply appreciate it.  I have
>> come across this card that came out of some Apple IIgs computers.  I
>> have attached a scan of the PCB.  It's not as good as I would like.
>> The details aren't showing up and it's a little fuzzy.  The card has a
>> number on it "9767" and it also has "FOR EDUCATIONAL USE" on it with
>> the "LEGO" logo as well.  It has a 20 pin ribbon cable attached to it
>> that mounts to the back of the IIgs.  Looks like some kind of I/O card
>> with the PIA device it has.

>> Any input on this would be a great help.  Thanks, Elmer

>not sure, but I see a 6522VIA (Versatile Interface Adapter) chip, so it's
>some kind of I/O card possibly for experimentation. Typically you should be
>able to connect a whole heap of TTL compatable inputs and outputs if you
>knew which pins were which. I can't see a ROM, so I guess you'd need
>software to make it work. I can't make out the white thing as the picture is
>too fuzzy, or is that just a sticker ?

I don't recall seeing the original post, but it sounds like an interface
to a Lego robotics kit, meant to read sensors and control motors.

-michael

 Home page:  http://members.aol.com/MJMahon/

1. Need help ID'ing SS video card for IIgs

   I bought a IIgs this afternoon with a treasure trove of cards inside, one of
which I don't know what it is.

  It is made by Sequential Systems, and has a VGA and RGB output.  Has some
VRAM next to the video out connectors.  Copyright 1995.  Several chips have a
copyright for Oak Technologies.  One of the chips has a sticker that has the
word Zorro on it.

  Also in the IIgs was a ZIP GSX card, a Sequential Systems RamFAST SCSI Card,
and a 4 Meg RAM card from Pacemark Technologies, and a little sound adapter
board.

Raymond

2. compliant ostrich

3. Need help ID'ing card

4. How to become a professional information security ?

5. Help ID Card: Giantek Chinese ROM Card?

6. FM to CD-R - Is it possible?

7. Need hard drive SCSI ID help

8. CANNOT MOVE FILES OR FOLDERS IN WINDOWS EXPLORER

9. HELP need to change application ID on file

10. Help needed: SCSI id's (Miniscribe)

11. Help w/ ID'ing RAMWorks card

12. Two older Apple II cards - Please help ID them - Thanks!

13. Help with ID and Info on this A2 Titan card