Help please need help with applewin

Post by Tarja » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I went to an apple ftp sit and downloaded sam games but when i went to play
them*black magic and bolder dash)it say file type not regonized but under
properties it said game image just lik all the others what is going on what am
i doing wrong i have downloaded 7 gamea and all say the same thing

help asap I need my apple fix

Help please need help with applewin

Post by Rubywan » Mon, 22 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Tarjan1 writes ...
Quote:

> I went to an apple ftp sit and downloaded sam games but when i went to play
> them*black magic and bolder dash)it say file type not regonized but under
> properties it said game image just lik all the others what is going on what am
> i doing wrong i have downloaded 7 gamea and all say the same thing

     Okay. It looks like the files were still .gz files. (Windows is, sometimes,
kind of sloppy about what it calls files.)  Once the .dsk.gz files are
uncompressed they will be for-real .dsk disk image files that will work on
AppleWin.

Rubywand

1. Need Serious HD Recovery Help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

  Okay, first the story, no there's too much, let me sum up.  My hard
drive was running a little slow (Focus, internal 300+meg).  I start
playing, accidentily hit either erase or format for the wrong partition
of my hard drive.  Poof 30megs of utilities up in digital dust.
  I whiped out Deliverance and prayed.  After an hour and a half of
scanning the drive, just on the last block, blip, the program hung.  I
tried again this morning.  Again it hung on the last block.  Hmmmm, I
start inspecting this block and I find data that is not mine and never
was.  That is Microsoft Powerpoint, other PC programs and nick names for
people I've never heard of.  This leads one to believe that Alltech's drives
are refurbs that they never perform a low-level format on.  Urrrg.  Don't
even get me started what I think of Alltech in general and especially
right now.

  Problems:  How does one recover files that are there, but you have no
access to them?  Am I SOL?

    Also, should a hard drive slow down (even when just being scanned by
the computer as it's loading the drive onto the desk top) just because
theres more on it or would this be a framentation problem OR do I have a
deeper problem with it.

     I've wasted so much time in the last two days doing what little I
can.  I'm getting ready to chuck it all, do a low level format,
repartition and spend the next week loading everything off of disks and
reorganizing them on my drive again.  (Plan B, is a FOR SALE on the
apple2.marketplace).
           "Action, Adventure: A Jedi Craves Not These Things."

2. How to get Samba working with WFW?

3. need modem help for apple II & III (please help!)

4. IP Question

5. Please help with applewin.exe!!

6. Toolbox Assistant with CW5

7. AppleWin Error? Please help.

8. DNS question

9. applewin - somebody please help

10. Please help with Ultima2 and AppleWin!!!

11. Please help with Applewin!

12. need help on adt tansfers-- ADT & AppleWin & sector ordering

13. Need Help by using Mocking Board on Applewin