Creating disk images from real disks

Post by eib » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Since I haven't managed to get my Apple IIe to work yet, I will try to
recover some disks as PC files.
But how can I do it without a working Apple II ?
I know that it is possible to link an Apple and a PC via a serial cable
and transfer with Kermit.
Well the first problem would be to get Kermit on the Apple, because I
don't think I have it...
Anyway, as I said just some lines above, my Apple don't work so this
solution is not (yet) possible.
Is there another way to transfer the disks ? I know there was a board
capable of reading Apple II disks,
but it is rare and therefore expensive. Is there a way to plug a IIe
drive on the PC ?
There *should* be another way...

Read ya,
Gerard.

Post by Albert D. Kalla » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>Since I haven't managed to get my Apple IIe to work yet, I will try to
>recover some disks as PC files.
>But how can I do it without a working Apple II ?
>I know that it is possible to link an Apple and a PC via a serial cable
>and transfer with Kermit.
>Well the first problem would be to get Kermit on the Apple, because I
>don't think I have it...

<snip>

Quote:>There *should* be another way...

>Read ya,
>Gerard.

Actually the AppleII -> PC transfer program (called ADT) can be transferred
to the Apple via a serial cable without any special software on the AppleII.
A apple super serial card is real handy here.

Your best bet is to get your hands on a working AppleII with a serial card.
If you can't do that, then perhaps you might consider sending the disks to
someone who has a AppleII and has transferred disks to a image file for a
PC. I seen lots of people here volunteer....just have to ask!

Albert D. Kallal
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Creating disk images from real disks

Post by eib » Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Actually the AppleII -> PC transfer program (called ADT) can be transferred
> to the Apple via a serial cable without any special software on the AppleII.
> A apple super serial card is real handy here.
> Your best bet is to get your hands on a working AppleII with a serial card.
> If you can't do that, then perhaps you might consider sending the disks to
> someone who has a AppleII and has transferred disks to a image file for a
> PC. I seen lots of people here volunteer....just have to ask!

Well, I've got a super serial card, but not the *working* apple II... I'll just
try to get it working then...
Or to find a working Apple II...

How can you transfer a program without any specific software on the Apple ?

Read ya,
Gerard.

Post by Matthew T. Russot » Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:00:00

}
}Well, I've got a super serial card, but not the *working* apple II... I'll just
}try to get it working then...
}Or to find a working Apple II...
}
}How can you transfer a program without any specific software on the Apple ?

Write some.  I think somewhere on Asimov is a simple program which
reads in data sector by sector (by calling the RWTS) and blasts it
over the serial port.

of justice is no virtue."

Post by Edhel Iaur, Es » Mon, 01 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>How can you transfer a program without any specific software on the Apple ?

You give your Apple // a command like IN#2, and it grabs all input
from a Super Serial Card in slot 2, at which time you save it to
disk--ADT transfers itself to your Apple // in this fashion.
--
       _            />____________________      +==Apple // Forever==+
||/ \|\_/|/ \|      \> http://members.aol.com/owsw/1WSW.Home.Page.html
http://www.grin.net/~cturley/USA2WUG/FOUNDING.MEMBERS/HOME.PAGES/EDHEL
  ***For my correct email address, delete all the capital letters***

1. Creating .dsk images from real disks.

I have a bunch of original system and hardware disks that I would like to
create .dsk images of for use with ADT. I've used ADT to create real disk
but I'm not sure of how to create the .dsk images from real disks. Can
anyone give me some tips, or direct me somewhere that explains it.

Thanks.

Ernest

2. Z80 compression software?

3. Creating a disk image of a CP/M disk

4. LPT1 I/O

5. Help with creating disks from disk images...

6. ONC-Programmers Guide

7. disk image to a real disk?

8. CD PUBLISHING SOFTWARE------ NEED CDCREATOR 2.0 FULL Version (Not OEM)

9. Looking for software...disk image or real disk

10. Disk Image --> Real Disk

11. Making disk images from real disks

12. 140K disk images -> 800K disk images

13. You CAN create disk images on your PC