What happens when you attempt close Access97

What happens when you attempt close Access97

Post by Terry L. Heckrot » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Here is the situation:
1. I have a form the is hidden and has an Unload event that looks to a
public variable to see if it is OK to exit the application.  If the user
exits using the menu option, it's OK.

2. The user starts a process that will generate a series of reports to
either print or preview.

3.  The user chooses to preview each report.  So the each report is
displayed for preview and execution is halted with a Do...While loop until
the report preview is closed.  When the preview is closed, the process
continues on to generate data for the next preview.

4.  Now instead of closing the preview, the user closes Access(97).  The
preview closes and the Unload event for the hidden form fires and say the
user must exit using the menu option.  My errorhandling class gets trashed,
as do several other collections containing linked path and table information
even though no code is executed to set these to Nothing, they just disapear.

My question is basically what happened to:
1.  The error handling class, it goes away but is never set to Nothing?
2.  The collections, it goes away but is never set to Nothing?
3.  The process that was taking place to generate the data for the reports
and all the variables and record set that were open at the time?

How can you program for this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated
Terry

1. What happens when you attempt close Access97

[...]

2. Blank Lines at top of Module

3. Access97 dies when attempting to display ODBC-linked Oracle8 tables

4. left justification in Export Text Wizard

5. Slowdown in Access97, what happened?

6. Virus Scan

7. access 2000. Form hangs when attempting to close!

8. Workgroups & Security

9. Application or object error on close attempt

10. OE Needs to Close with attempt to create new mail

11. PP97 closes when attempting to print?

12. Access closes when attempting to publish to MS Word.

13. Assertion failed: 50222 Attempt to close a file that has undo pages