Here is the situation:
1. I have a form the is hidden and has an Unload event that looks to a
public variable to see if it is OK to exit the application. If the user
exits using the menu option, it's OK.
2. The user starts a process that will generate a series of reports to
either print or preview.
3. The user chooses to preview each report. So the each report is
displayed for preview and execution is halted with a Do...While loop until
the report preview is closed. When the preview is closed, the process
continues on to generate data for the next preview.
4. Now instead of closing the preview, the user closes Access(97). The
preview closes and the Unload event for the hidden form fires and say the
user must exit using the menu option. My errorhandling class gets trashed,
as do several other collections containing linked path and table information
even though no code is executed to set these to Nothing, they just disapear.
My question is basically what happened to:
1. The error handling class, it goes away but is never set to Nothing?
2. The collections, it goes away but is never set to Nothing?
3. The process that was taking place to generate the data for the reports
and all the variables and record set that were open at the time?
How can you program for this?
Any information would be greatly appreciated