Umm... Java...

Post by Derek Youn » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:51:05

You know... I appreciate all the great work put
into porting jdks over to FreeBSD. I ususally
find myself using the latest release from sun
under linux emulation though...

A small suggestion might be this, perhaps the
fastest way to keep FreeBSD current with the
latest releases of Java might be for the linux
emulation to be worked on to the point to where
it can run the linux jdk's perfectly.

Complex java apps like IDEA crash the hell out
of jdk1.4_01 :)

But if the linux emulation was perfect, then
everytime sun released a new JDK we could use in
on FreeBSD :) Plus, considering what a complex
program a JDK is... it will point out lots of
bugs in Linux emulation.

One funny aspect is how using the linux jdk, it
properly(depending on who you ask) uses threads
with rfork, so you get multiple processes, that
is kind of cool.

easy.com
Sent by Mail at easy.com, an easyGroup company.

In the systems being developed here, everything is coded in Java. There
are about 100 Java applications each running its own virtual machine.

I'm supposed to work with test and performance analysis of these systems
and I'm using tools that log system behaviour on process level.

The problem is that all I see is 100 processes named Java with some
small variations in command line parameters.

Is there a safe way to alter the process names either at startup or at
runtime ?
What could be the consequences of doing such a thing ?

//Hans Hagberg

2. Anyone compiled X11R5 on a ps2/aix 1.2(.1)?

3. java/50729: java/jdk14: broken java.net.NetworkInterface calls

4. HELP: BIOS cannot do SCSI at boot

5. Can't connect 2 linux boxes

6. java/47447: linux-sun-jdk1.4.1: java command can't find java.lang.Object

7. HELP: usb webcamera (spyc@m 300, module stv680 )!

8. Umm... what does Qwest mean by "bridging?"

9. Umm..I bought SlakWare...but i fergot that my CD-ROM don't work....

10. Umm....... Hello.

11. umm..., help?

12. Umm...Stupid...