IBM JDK on FreeBSD (Was: JDK 1.3.1 on Freebsd?)

IBM JDK on FreeBSD (Was: JDK 1.3.1 on Freebsd?)

Post by Jaroslav Tkacho » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 02:30:04

Hi,

Quote:> > > ps - which alternate opensource JITs would you recommend? Also, is
IBM's
> > > famed JDK for linux performing well on bsd in linux mode?

> > The IBM JDK works under Linux emulation.

> I think he asked if it _performed_ well under FreeBSD. Personally I dunno,
> and I've never heard of anyone running any serious stuff on the IBM JDK
under
> FreeBSD. Any such reports? Anyone using the IBM JDK?

I use the IBM JDK under Free BSD Linux emulation for large multithreaded
network application. And i found several bugs:
1. incorrect SO_TIMEOUT support in case of several simultaneously open
connections.
2. infinite loop in some hashtable.get(null).
and so on.

But perfomance of IBM JDK is great! I will try to avoid this bugs.