linux-jdk14 dies on 4.3 release and 4.5 release I'm not insane!

linux-jdk14 dies on 4.3 release and 4.5 release I'm not insane!

Post by Tim E Schafe » Sat, 18 May 2002 09:16:25

Ok ... tried it again on 4.5 release

It will crash the VM
Just had to repeat it several times

I'm not going insane ... I did see the problem before on 4.5

Also I tried it with linux-jdk1.3.1 with hotspot turned on and it also
dies
On 4.5 and 4.3
This is for both the -server and -client options

So I went back to redhat 7.1 and tried the bsh test on jdk 1.4.0

I tried repeating the line over 200 times ... no crash
So if the problem happens on linux at all it's a lot less likely

So this really seems to point to a problem in the Linux compatibility
layer on FreeBSD.

Should I post this to another list?

Programmer
800-562-9915 x190 or 916-376-6190