Repocopy request: www/jakarta-tomcat4 -> www/jakarta-tomcat4-devel

Repocopy request: www/jakarta-tomcat4 -> www/jakarta-tomcat4-devel

Post by Ernst de Ha » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:58:54

Hiereby I request that the following repocopy is performed:

   from: ports/www/jakarta-tomcat4
   to:   ports/www/jakarta-tomcat4-devel

The latter port will install a release from the development branch of Tomcat
4. See the 'Tomcat 4.x' section on the following page:

   * http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/

Kind regards,

Ernst

Repocopy request: www/jakarta-tomcat4 -> www/jakarta-tomcat4-devel

Post by Ernst de Ha » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:04:31

Quote:> I'm really not keen on mixing version numbers and suffixes (like
> '-devel', '-old') etc.. etc..

> Assuming I'm reading the site right, there are 3 things on the go right
> now:

>     4.x     currently jakarta-tomcat4 (will stall out at 4.x.* x<1)
>     4.1.x   the refactoring project, what you're looking for here
>     5.x     highly developmental.

Correct.

Quote:> Seems to me that jakarta-tomcat41 might be more appropriate (especially
> given the existence of jakarta-tomcat3), and that -devel be reserved for
> tracking snaps (or whatever) of currently-what-will-be-5.x, if such a
> port were to exist.

Okay, that sounds a lot better. Only small concern I have with that is that
'41' is fouty-one, not 4-dot-1. We might get a Jakarta Tomcat release 41.0
some day :)

Anyway, I agree that 'jakarta-tomcat-41' is probably the best right now,
considering the constraints. Could such a repocopy be performed?

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ

1. Repocopy request: www/jakarta-tomcat4 -> www/jakarta-tomcat41

--//IivP0gvsAy3Can

Thanks aDe:

    freefall% ls -ld /home/ncvs/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat41
    drwxrwxr-x  3 joe  ncvs  512 Sep  2 11:06 /home/ncvs/ports/www/jakarta-=
tomcat41

Joe
--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--//IivP0gvsAy3Can

--//IivP0gvsAy3Can--

2. UNIX Systems administrator (strong SunOs, Telco exp) ----- East Bay

3. HACMP Power off Failover problem

4. jakarta-tomcat4-devel

5. Middle Mouse Button

6. connector for jakarta-tomcat4

7. dangerous permissions on /sbin and /usr/sbin

8. linux-sun-jdk14 + jakarta-tomcat4.1 won't start ... ?

9. ANN: Jakarta Tomcat 4 now in www/jakarta-tomcat

10. Port updated: www/jakarta-tomcat

11. Port www/jakarta-tomcat refactored

12. java/44335: devel/jakarta-ant does not install man page for 'ant'