Guten Tag

Post by Cine » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:28:40

1. Text Insertion at given tag...

Hello,

I am trying to write a script that will do the following:

- Read in some text of arbitrary length
- go through a file line by line until it hits some known tag
- insert the text that was read in
- continue through the test file, ignoring lines until it hits an
arbitrary end-tag
- keep the rest of the file.

Is this easily accomplished in perl or sed or awk? Or would I be best to
use C? I am not particularly experienced in any of them, and I have a
feeling it would be a pretty easy perl program. Any ideas?

thanx,

-brian

2. Quake for Linux

3. Printing multiple tag lines from file

4. kernel 2.4 and woody

5. "tagged openings" console messages and disk problems

6. WANTED: Xconfig and X for DSV3868P ExpertColor

7. Compiling with -lX11 tag

8. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]

9. 'tags' target in makefile broken

10. How to assigned a partition tag name in Solaris 2.4

11. tags

12. Apache newbie, I have a problem with the "Location:" tag

13. Extract information between tags.