Building native JDK 1.4.1

Building native JDK 1.4.1

Post by Markus Svenss » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:41:34



This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0110381049809281_ID
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello all!
I'm sorry if this question has already been answered a gazillion times...

What steps need to be taken when building the native JDK? I've donloaded the source from Sun, and patchset 3 from the FreeBSD Java web site. I run a 5.0-R system, downloaded on release, and not rebuilt since. Do I need to make world or upgrade any ports in order to build the JDK?

Thanks in advance!

/Markus Svensson

_____________________________________________________________
H=E4r b=F6rjar internet!
Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis internet p=E5 http://www.spray.se

Hitta r=E4tt p=E5 internet med Lycos - http://lycos.spray.se/

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0110381049809281_ID
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-java

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0110381049809281_ID--

 
 
 

Building native JDK 1.4.1

Post by Sergey A. Osoki » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:47:52



> I'm sorry if this question has already been answered a gazillion times...

> What steps need to be taken when building the native JDK? I've donloaded the source from Sun, and patchset 3 from the FreeBSD Java web site. I run a 5.0-R system, downloaded on release, and not rebuilt since. Do I need to make world or upgrade any ports in order to build the JDK?

AFAIK you must upgrade your system to 5-CURRENT February 2003
or better before build jdk1.4.
Just put donloaded sources into the ports/distfiles directory and
# cd ports/java/jdk14 && make check-os.

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL
http://ozz.pp.ru/             X          AND NEWS
                             / \
_______________________________________________

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-java


 
 
 

Building native JDK 1.4.1

Post by Markus Svenss » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:51:46


This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0269301049809893_ID
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote:>AFAIK you must upgrade your system to 5-CURRENT February 2003
>or better before build jdk1.4.
>Just put donloaded sources into the ports/distfiles directory and
># cd ports/java/jdk14 && make check-os.

This gives the following output:
bash-2.05b# make check-os
LIBC_R TEST FAILED: libc_r update required
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.

How do I go around upgrading to the latest 5-C? I've cvsup'ed the src tree, but do I need to specify that I want the 5.0 branch of everything?

/Markus Svensson

_____________________________________________________________
H=E4r b=F6rjar internet!
Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis internet p=E5 http://www.spray.se

Hitta r=E4tt p=E5 internet med Lycos - http://lycos.spray.se/

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0269301049809893_ID
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-java

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0269301049809893_ID--

 
 
 

Building native JDK 1.4.1

Post by Sergey A. Osoki » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 02:23:45



> Thanks for the quick reply!

> >AFAIK you must upgrade your system to 5-CURRENT February 2003
> >or better before build jdk1.4.
> >Just put donloaded sources into the ports/distfiles directory and
> ># cd ports/java/jdk14 && make check-os.

> This gives the following output:
> bash-2.05b# make check-os
> LIBC_R TEST FAILED: libc_r update required
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.

> How do I go around upgrading to the latest 5-C? I've cvsup'ed
> the src tree, but do I need to specify that I want the 5.0 branch of everything?

Create a supfile with tag=. and resup you source tree if you
want -CURRENT. If you want specify a special date of
-CURRENT, just add date=[cc]yy.mm.dd.hh.mm.ss in your supfile.
Look at cvsup(1) for detailes.

BTW I don't know does fixes that need for build jdk-1.4.1
MFCed to RELENG_5_0.

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL
http://ozz.pp.ru/             X          AND NEWS
                             / \
_______________________________________________

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-java

 
 
 

Building native JDK 1.4.1

Post by David Ho » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 02:35:34


On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:41:21 +0100


> Hello all!
> I'm sorry if this question has already been answered a gazillion times...

So why didn't you search the archive?
_______________________________________________

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-java

 
 
 

Building native JDK 1.4.1

Post by Alexey Zelk » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:27:47


hi,

Did you try to read instructions in patchset distro ?

ps: You need to apply appropriate patch from patchset archive to
libc_r/uthread/pthread_attr_get_np.c and then rebuild & reinstall libc_r

pps: it's applicable to 5.0-RELEASE only!


> Hello all!
> I'm sorry if this question has already been answered a gazillion times...

> What steps need to be taken when building the native JDK? I've donloaded the source from Sun, and patchset 3 from the FreeBSD Java web site. I run a 5.0-R system, downloaded on release, and not rebuilt since. Do I need to make world or upgrade any ports in order to build the JDK?

> Thanks in advance!

> /Markus Svensson

> _____________________________________________________________
> Har borjar internet!
> Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis internet pa http://www.spray.se

> Hitta ratt pa internet med Lycos - http://lycos.spray.se/

> _______________________________________________

> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-java


_______________________________________________

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-java