Which port behaves better?

Post by cost » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 21:53:31

  Hello!

  I would like to know what port of the java
  (linux-sun/linux-ibm/jdk-13) behaves better. I`m reffering ofc,
  first to stability and then to performance.

  I know I might ask a very borring and general question but I didn`t
  found any relevant answers to it.

  I`m not interested in working in a GUI environment, the machine is
  running the lastest 4-STABLE (aka 4.7-p3) and will be running JBoss,
  tomcat or resin or something related.

  I would also like some advices about which java servers (in the
  ejbs/jsps/servlets arena) are working best and in which combination?

  Any light in the configurations switches in all ports will also be
  very helpful.

  Thanks a lot.

--
Toate Bune
 costin

1. Which port behaves better?

Thanks.

What about the jikes alternative and the switches from the native
jdk13 (the NATIVE_BOOTSTRAP for example).

I`m looking for a more detailed answer.

Thanks again...

AM> Native jdk1.3.1 (latest patch) with OpenJIT

AM> ==================================================================
AM> Achilleus Mantzios
AM> S/W Engineer
AM> IT dept
AM> Dynacom Tankers Mngmt
AM> Nikis 4, Glyfada
AM> Athens 16610
AM> Greece
AM> tel:    +30-10-8981112
AM> fax:    +30-10-8981877

2. redhat7 run on Compaq 500au?

3. Exabyte 230D Tape Library Problem w/Networker 5.2.1 (Solaris 2.6)

4. CD Hardware failure or buggy drivers??

5. Is Communicator 4.08 better behaved than 4.05?

6. "search" in resolv.conf with kernel 1.2

7. DHCP server doesn't behave as should behave.

8. Red Hat Results - better and better

9. Is Windows NT a better VMS or a better Unix ?

10. better hw -> better sys

11. Is AMD better or Intel better for Linux?