java/47447: linux-sun-jdk1.4.1: java command can't find java.lang.Object

java/47447: linux-sun-jdk1.4.1: java command can't find java.lang.Object

Post by Shannon -jj Behren » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 07:40:11

Quote:>Number:         47447
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       linux-sun-jdk1.4.1: java command can't find java.lang.Object
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:

This was a relatively fresh system.  I did not have any other versions of Java
on my system.

Quote:>Description:

When running the java command I get the following:

# /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.1/bin/java
count = 3714, total = 8508
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

Please note that this bug is the same for either root or normal users.  Also
note that setting JAVA_HOME as well as CLASSPATH did not fix the problem.

Quote:>How-To-Repeat:

/usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.1/bin/java

To work around this problem, I'm using the linux-blackdown-jdk1.4.1 port.

Quote:>Fix:
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

In the systems being developed here, everything is coded in Java. There
are about 100 Java applications each running its own virtual machine.

I'm supposed to work with test and performance analysis of these systems
and I'm using tools that log system behaviour on process level.

The problem is that all I see is 100 processes named Java with some
small variations in command line parameters.

Is there a safe way to alter the process names either at startup or at
runtime ?
What could be the consequences of doing such a thing ?

//Hans Hagberg

2. Any hope to have a working 2.5 kernels for writing DVD?

3. IBM JAVA problem panic: CL: Can't find class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError IOT

4. WARNING: status "fail" for '/sbus@a,0/Slot-1@1,0' on board 5

5. problem running Java Applets on linux - threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread ????

6. Help, RH5.2, transmit timed out

7. jdk1.3.1p4_1: java.lang.Process blocks Thread.sleep() and Object.wait()

8. Newbie: Screen problems

9. Linux-Java-LimeWire-java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

10. java/43981: java/jdk1?-doc ports should dynamically generate plist file

11. java/50729: java/jdk14: broken java.net.NetworkInterface calls

12. Linker error "relocations remain", shared object, Solaris, gcc, ld, java, java native interface, cplex