status: native jdk 1.4.0 port

Post by Alexey Zelk » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:45:37

hi,

Well... Well... Well...

Port is progressing... Now it's almost possible to build self-hosting j2sdk
and j2re. There's only one building issue left in org.omg.*, so it's just
disabled for now. Also I just silently disabled plug-in build, because have
no any interest in that (at least at this point). Except that jdk is
completely building with self-built java and javac.

I did not even try to make any tests, but slef-building is hard enough
exercise (as for me) to show that we are almost reached first milestone.

My TODO list still very long, but I think additional attention from other
eyes would be helpful.

I expect to clean up patchset and provide it to developers comunity at
the end of this week (or maybe in the begining of next week)

Please make sure that you understand that it's developers' only patchset!
No guarantees, No warranty :-)

status: native jdk 1.4.0 port

Post by Bill Huey (H » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 08:03:30

> Port is progressing... Now it's almost possible to build self-hosting j2sdk
> and j2re. There's only one building issue left in org.omg.*, so it's just
> disabled for now. Also I just silently disabled plug-in build, because have
> no any interest in that (at least at this point). Except that jdk is
> completely building with self-built java and javac.

Are you using the HotSpot patches in patchset 7 ?

bill

1. native FreeBSD version of JDK status..

Hi,

Back in December, the following newsflash was put out and I read about
it at www.freebsd.org/java/:

Does anyone know the status of this?  The FreeBSD Java page hasn't
been updated since this announcement.  If it is true, what version of
the JDK is distributed with 4.5?  I dream of the day that I can go to
www.javasoft.com and download a FreeBSD version of the latest JDK.

Regards,
Rick

2. IP-MASQ...anonymous access ??

3. Native JDK 1.3.1 Status update?

4. Compiling Kernel on AXP 150 (Jensen)

5. Native JDK or Linux JDK 1.4 in Jail?

6. studioworks 44i timings

7. ports/28183: JDK Documentation ports for JDK 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4

8. Escaping "a multiword arugment" into sh

9. Looking for JDK 1.2 port status.

10. where is the "native" in the jdk122 native port?

11. JDK Documentation ports for JDK 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4

12. Upgraded port: Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 for Linux (java/linux-jdk)

13. Building native JDK 1.4.1