Problem with linux-jdk-1.4.0b1 / Linux Emulation issues

Post by John To » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:03:08

   > Hi John,
   >

   > both). But anyway:
   >
   >
   >>I'm running FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE, and I've hit a problem trying to
install
   >>the port of linux-jdk-1.4.0b1. After manually fetching the JDK,
when the
   >>archive is unpacking, I receive the error:
   >>
   >
   >>Extracting...
   >>./install.sfx.41989: error in loading shared libraries:
   >>/usr/X11R6/lib/libxalflaunch.so.0: ELF file OS ABI invalid.
   >>
   >
   > That seems weird, since I don't have this file installed. My
   > guess is that the problem is linuxulator-related, and not
   > specific to this JDK port.
   >
   > What version of linux_base do you have installed? I'm using
   > linux_base-6.1 on FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE.
   >
   > Try moving the file out of the way and see what happens. A
   > temporary rename should do...
   >
   > Kind regards,
   >
   >
   > Ernst

Hi,

Moving/renaming the aforementioned files doesn't work, I just get this
error:

# make
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Cannot open "/usr/X11R6/lib/libxalflaunch.so.0"

You're right that the problem is something to do with the Linux
emulation configuration rather than the port itself. I've tried the
Linux OpenOffice setup script, and that also failed due to "ELF File OS
ABI invalid" issues. I'm not sure quite what the problem is, since I've
installed and used FreeBSD-4.x before, and the Linux emulation ran
perfectly for everything, including StarOffice/OpenOffice. "brandelf -t
Linux <file>" has also offered no joy.

I've got the linux_base-6.1 package installed, and it seems to be fully
intact.

John.

1. Problem: 4.7-Stable, Linux Emulation, and the latest Sun JDK

Hey,

I am running FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE and have installed Linux emulation.  After
downloading the latest Sun JDK, I ran "java -version" and "javac -version"
under the root account without problems.  However, when running the commands
as any other user, I get a HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error.
It then Abort trap (core dumps).  Has anyone else run into this?

Best regards,
Frank Rietta

2. Gnome 2.0 and the desktop, and Xsession

3. Upgraded port: Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 for Linux (java/linux-jdk)

4. Executing a shell script to set env variables

5. Linux and Netscape 2.0b1 - Problem

6. Netatalk/linuxppc help needed

7. FreeBSD performance issue (Linux emulation?)

8. pascal and freebsd

9. Setting env variables for Sun JDK and IBM JDK on a same Linux Server

10. Native JDK or Linux JDK 1.4 in Jail?

11. Linux JDK on FreeBSD (was Re: Alpha JDK 1.2.2 JPDA extension

12. Linux JDK on FreeBSD (was Re: Alpha JDK 1.2.2 JPDA extension 1)

13. dns issue -- windows=>linux vs linux=>linux