Some applets fail in Java-1.3.1

Post by Andrew Lankfor » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:51:36

I've been following both FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT and jdk-1.3.1 for a
while now.  Since the last change to the jdk-1.3.1 port (the
label for my copy is jdk-1.3.1p8_2 using the NATIVE_BOOTSTRAP
compile option), some of the included demo applets (those found in /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/demo/applets), including GraphicsTest, DitherTest, and CardTest, return the following error when you
attempt to use appletviewer on them:

$ cd CardTest
$ appletviewer example1.html

appletviewer in free(): error: chunk is already free
SIGABRT   6*   abort (generated by abort(3) routine)
appletviewer in malloc(): error: recursive call
SIGABRT   6*   abort (generated by abort(3) routine)
appletviewer in malloc(): error: recursive call
SIGABRT   6*   abort (generated by abort(3) routine)
appletviewer in malloc(): error: recursive call

...and so on until you killall -9 appletviewer.

Seems important, anyway.

1. KDE 3.1 and Shift-Ins

I apologize in advance for the basic question.

I've recently upgraded to Mandrake 9.1 (KDE 3.1) from previous
releases of both.  Historically, I have been able to paste text (which
has been previously highlighted with mouse) via the Shift-Ins key
combination.  This has worked across Konsole windows, vim, etc...
However, as of this upgrade, the Shift-Ins key combination does not
seem to paste?

I notice that the middle mouse button does still work, but my fingers
have grown quite acustomed to the Shift-Ins combination so that they
do not have to leave the keyboard.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction to re-enable this feature and/or what has changed?

Thanks again.

2. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB

3. Java applet and Java plug-in

4. My first root filesystem corruption. : -(

5. problem running Java Applets on linux - threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread ????

6. linux monitor problems

7. RedHat 6 and Netscape fix for Java for things like yahoo Java chat applet

8. Make $50,000 With Only $5 Dollars!

10. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

11. Java plug-ins for AIX

12. Tomcat 3.1, AIX 4.3.3 and Java 1.2.2

13. java wrong JFrame sizes on the jdk1.3.1 port