Configuring X11 for NVidia GeForce4 420 GO

Configuring X11 for NVidia GeForce4 420 GO

Post by Kamran Kashani » Sun, 25 May 2003 11:37:21

I am trying to configure X11 on my Toshiba Satellite 2435-s255 with a
GeForce4 go graphics card. I am using FREEBSD 5.0.

I downloaded , built, and installed the latest NVidia drivers from the
NVidia site. In order to build the drivers under freebsd 5.0 I had to
comment-out the version checking in one of the nvidia header files.

I changed the XF86Config file to use the "nvidia" driver instead of
the generic "nv" driver.

When I start X, the system crashes and reboots.

Has anyone had any luck configuring X11 with geforce4 under 5.0? Any
help would be very much appreciated.

Kamran

Configuring X11 for NVidia GeForce4 420 GO

Post by Lowell Gilber » Mon, 26 May 2003 00:02:34

comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not widely propagated, so you won't
necessarily get much help here (in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd).
See http://www.freebsd.org/support.html for better ideas...
[followups redirected accordingly]

> I am trying to configure X11 on my Toshiba Satellite 2435-s255 with a
> GeForce4 go graphics card. I am using FREEBSD 5.0.

> I downloaded , built, and installed the latest NVidia drivers from the
> NVidia site. In order to build the drivers under freebsd 5.0 I had to
> comment-out the version checking in one of the nvidia header files.

> I changed the XF86Config file to use the "nvidia" driver instead of
> the generic "nv" driver.

> When I start X, the system crashes and reboots.

> Has anyone had any luck configuring X11 with geforce4 under 5.0? Any
> help would be very much appreciated.

There's a port called "nvidia-driver".
Try that.