Elephant Filesystem

Post by Torsten » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:38:55

Dear all,

there is a quite popular paper on an experimental filesystem called
'Elephant' on the Internet. That paper states that there was an
implementation of this file system on FreeBSD.

Unfortunately I cannot find any reference to it and the page that is
linked on many websites is gone.

Does that file system exist? Does anyone have any pointers to any
additional information?

Does anyone know about any ports?

Kind regards,
Torsten

Elephant Filesystem

Post by Skeleton Ma » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:03:39

Quote:>there is a quite popular paper on an experimental filesystem called
>'Elephant' on the Internet. That paper states that there was an
>implementation of this file system on FreeBSD.
>Does that file system exist? Does anyone have any pointers to any
>additional information?

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Alistair_Veitch/papers/elephant-sosp/e...

From Google search:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22Elephant%22%2B%22file+system%22

Regards,
Chris

1. IBM: Who Says Elephants Can't Dance?

Checked the book of that title out of the library.  It was
interesting.  The author is Lou Gerstner, the CEO who
turned IBM around.

Here's what he says in regard to Linux:

   Beware, customers, of suppliers who provide only UNIX or Wintel
   answers to your problems.  Beware of totally proprietary vendors who
   fight new developments like Linux.  These vendors still view the
   world through the window of their proprietary stack.

--
Linux:  Less filling, works great!

2. SunPC 4.1 and Windows '95???

3. EpochBackup-ACL2640 salesman selling a white elephant

4. Colors

5. Does Linux contain an elephant?

6. Q: Debug output file locs

7. PostgreSQL: The Elephant Never Forgets

8. LLC /proc crash

9. HAYES ACCURA 56K modem or white elephant ????

10. I shot an elephant...

11. restore mksysb with jfs2 filesystem to jfs filesystem

12. Copy whole filesystem to another filesystem over network

13. MacWorld Linux filesystem to real filesystem?