postfix + mysql + pop3/imap

Post by Hein » Thu, 16 May 2002 15:03:57

Hey i'm setting up a new mail system on my freebsd 4.5 stable..
as it is now i'm using postfix up against a mysql database, with
virtual users and maildirs. Im looking for a program that i can use to
pop/imap these mail. It's gotta be able to auth up against a mysql
database just like the postfix does..

So if you know some good software i can use, and maybe some howto's
about setting it up i would apriciate it.

thanx !

postfix + mysql + pop3/imap

Post by Kirby Menze » Fri, 17 May 2002 03:53:26

Quote:> Hey i'm setting up a new mail system on my freebsd 4.5 stable..
> as it is now i'm using postfix up against a mysql database, with
> virtual users and maildirs. Im looking for a program that i can use to
> pop/imap these mail. It's gotta be able to auth up against a mysql
> database just like the postfix does..

> So if you know some good software i can use, and maybe some howto's
> about setting it up i would apriciate it.

You can use courier-imap.  And my howto located at
http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html

postfix + mysql + pop3/imap

Post by Hein » Sat, 18 May 2002 05:24:57

> > Hey i'm setting up a new mail system on my freebsd 4.5 stable..
> > as it is now i'm using postfix up against a mysql database, with
> > virtual users and maildirs. Im looking for a program that i can use to
> > pop/imap these mail. It's gotta be able to auth up against a mysql
> > database just like the postfix does..

> > So if you know some good software i can use, and maybe some howto's
> > about setting it up i would apriciate it.

> You can use courier-imap.  And my howto located at
> http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html

I allready tryid to use your howto, and it seem to be working okey(i
dont get any errors) but it wont auth up against the sql database...
is there any way i can debug(log) if courier is actually making the
right call to the database ?

postfix + mysql + pop3/imap

Post by Kirby Menze » Sat, 18 May 2002 17:14:11

> > > Hey i'm setting up a new mail system on my freebsd 4.5 stable..
> > > as it is now i'm using postfix up against a mysql database, with
> > > virtual users and maildirs. Im looking for a program that i can use
> > > to pop/imap these mail. It's gotta be able to auth up against a
> > > mysql database just like the postfix does..

> > > So if you know some good software i can use, and maybe some howto's
> > > about setting it up i would apriciate it.

> > You can use courier-imap.  And my howto located at
> > http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html

> I allready tryid to use your howto, and it seem to be working okey(i
> dont get any errors) but it wont auth up against the sql database...
> is there any way i can debug(log) if courier is actually making the
> right call to the database ?

You can use a ktrace on the authdaemon.  For testing purposes, turn the
number of daemons started down to 1 and ktrace it while trying to auth.
One thing I have found which is incredibly odd: you must put authmysql
first in your list of allowed auth methods in authdaemonrc or else it will
not work.  I'm not sure why this is, or if it is a bug, but that is the
case.  Also, make sure that in authdaemonrc, you have it set up to run
authdaemond.mysql, not authdaeomnd.plain.

Hmm... the only other thing that could cause this is your encryption could
be bad.  Make sure that you are inserting the encrypted form of the
password using something like crypt=encrypt('password') in your insert
statement.

If none of this works, let me know via email.  I don't get around to the
newsgroups every day.

Kirby

postfix + mysql + pop3/imap

Post by Dmitry Xe » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:20:34

Quote:> Hey i'm setting up a new mail system on my freebsd 4.5 stable..
> as it is now i'm using postfix up against a mysql database, with
> virtual users and maildirs. Im looking for a program that i can use to
> pop/imap these mail. It's gotta be able to auth up against a mysql
> database just like the postfix does..

> So if you know some good software i can use, and maybe some howto's
> about setting it up i would apriciate it.

Look at dbmail project at www.dbmail.org.

1. postfix + cyrus IMAP: central sent-mail folder on IMAP server

Hi folks,

I installed postfix and cyrus IMAP under SuSE Linux 9.0. All works
fine but the collection of sended mail for every user in a central
user-(sent-)mail folder locatet on the mail server.

Any ideas who to work this out?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

2. Need Help.

3. postfix and imap

4. Segmentation fault

5. postfix+vpopmail+courier-imap-qmail

6. Compaq Armada 4130T and X

7. fetchmail/procmail/postfix/cyrus-imap problem

8. AOpen FM56-P 56K Modem

9. postfix + cyrus + mysql + virtual mailboxes

10. Postfix/Cyrus/MySQL

11. Postfix and MySQL

12. Help on Postfix/MySQL

13. postfix + sasl2 + mysql