new nvidia drivers

Post by Robert Dorme » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 09:45:43

Just tried them out, they seem okay....

1) Anyone else try them out?  Impressions?

2) I notice there's no splash screen, yet glxinfo seems to indicate they
loaded.  Anyone else notice this?  Did they get rid of the splash screen?

-Rob D.

new nvidia drivers

Post by Michel Tal » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 17:44:30

> Just tried them out, they seem okay....

> 1) Anyone else try them out?  Impressions?

> 2) I notice there's no splash screen, yet glxinfo seems to indicate they
> loaded.  Anyone else notice this?  Did they get rid of the splash screen?

On a Linux machine i have, sometimes the splash screen appears,
sometimes it doesn't. Apparently there is some race, and in some cases
the splash screen has no time to display.

Quote:

--

Michel TALON

new nvidia drivers

Post by neur » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:30:29

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:45:43 GMT

> Just tried them out, they seem okay....

> 1) Anyone else try them out?  Impressions?

        Work fine for me on 4.8-S. They seem to give better X performance,
although on my TNT32 it;s hard to distinguish ;)

Quote:> 2) I notice there's no splash screen, yet glxinfo seems to indicate
> they loaded.  Anyone else notice this?  Did they get rid of the splash
> screen?

        I'm getting splash with NV logo every time I run X.

neuro

new nvidia drivers

Post by Robert Dorme » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:06:32

Quote:

> Work fine for me on 4.8-S. They seem to give better X performance,
> although on my TNT32 it;s hard to distinguish ;)

By "work fine" do you mean you're able to, say, play accelerated games?
Because I'm trying to run Q3 Arena with them, and it *still* looks horrible
- no texture mapping anywhere, just a bunch of blocks and lines.

-Rob D.

new nvidia drivers

Post by Juha Sievi-Kort » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:28:02

> By "work fine" do you mean you're able to, say, play accelerated games?
> Because I'm trying to run Q3 Arena with them, and it *still* looks horrible
> - no texture mapping anywhere, just a bunch of blocks and lines.

 I thought to give a comment on these too, because i'm using them too. I
haven't played much games with them, but at least everything i have tried
has worked (includes opengl screensavers, tuxracer and some small opengl
games, like glchess).

 There was some issues with kde and kdm combination, but i don't know is
that related to these drivers. If i used hardware acceleration and started
kde session from kdm, this system totally locked up when loading desktop.
Now I'm using xfce from kdm and it works fine (I was going to change to
a lighter desktop anyway ;).

 I can test something on this if you want (and tell me what to test...)

--
    _
   | | "... Think about all the positive sides in life, they
 _ | |_   _  _   _  ___   never last forever ... (c)Sentenced
|    | |_| || | | || | ||  http://students.oamk.fi/~sijuma00  |

1. xf864.0, new NVIDIA Driver and fixed-frequency screen

hi,
i just installed NVIDIA's new GLX driver(0.92)
after i have restarted my xserver the display on my sony gdm 1950 screen
was scrambled. the monitor is an old fixed-frequency one.
i had to put an explicite modeline in xf86config, because the monitor
needs seperate sync.

before i changed from the nv to the nvidia driver everything worked
fine, but it seems now, that nvdida's new driver doesn't support
seperate sync!?

with my 17" multisync screen there are no problems

does anyone experienced the same?

thanks,
arslan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (6/7) [Frequent posting]

3. New NVidia drivers, any problems?

4. serial line is looped back

5. New NVidia drivers: screen black

6. TGUI9400CXi help needed

7. NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS

8. _vt.6QFrame can't resolve symbol

9. New Nvidia Drivers for Linux

10. new nvidia driver consume memory!!

11. New NVidia drivers available

12. New NVIDIA drivers on 2.4 kernel??

13. Lockup with new NVidia drivers and 32 bit color