PPP dial out fail over

Post by Scott Mecha » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 22:19:58

Is it possible to have a modem dial up the internet connection if the
freebsd 5.0 box senses that the router to the T1 has gone down? Any docs
would be appreciated.

PPP dial out fail over

Post by Lowell Gilber » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 05:40:31

comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not widely propagated, so you won't
necessarily get much help here (in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd).
See http://www.freebsd.org/support.html for better ideas...
[followups redirected accordingly]

> Is it possible to have a modem dial up the internet connection if the
> freebsd 5.0 box senses that the router to the T1 has gone down? Any docs
> would be appreciated.

It's easily scripted, once you've detected that your router is down.
That's a lot harder than you might think, especially if it doesn't
respond to pings anyway.

1. Can a solaris w/s be configured for PPP dial-out AND PPP dial-in?

I have two machines set up so that either dials the other as needed
using the bundled "asppp" packages. So both are dial-in and dial-out.

The hard part was figuring that `"" P_ZERO' had to be added to the
begining of the "chat" script  in /etc/uucp/systems.
--

2. dumpprep.exe in windows xp (not mine)

3. Preventing Dial outs.

4. Linux and bluetooth...

5. Multiple dial OUTS & report on 3COM 3C905-TX ethernet

6. Linux, newbe, hard and sofware question

7. Permanent dial-outs with dynamic IP

8. General Linux Instability

9. DIALD fails ppp-on fails ppp-go works HELP!!!

10. Scheduled Dial-up PPP occasionally fails

11. PPP Dial-in Fails (HELP!)

12. Dial-Up PPP Connection Failing??

13. Dial-in PPP Fails (Help!)