SpeedTouch ADSL

Post by Rick40 » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 02:46:21

I have tried everything I could find concerning connecting to the net
via the Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem and FreeBSD 4.4. Mabye someone
can shed some light on my problem. Here is what I have accomplished:

1) I have the USB modem recognized by the kernal at start up
2) I downloaded the latest version of the
speedtouch-BSD-06062001.tar.gz and ran make, make install , and it
installed modem_run and pppoa2 into /usr/local/bin
3) I setup the /etc/ppp/ppp.conf with the sample configuration
included in the distribution. Here is my ppp.conf file:

default:
  ident user-ppp VERSION ( buils COMPILATIONDATE )
  set log Phase Chat IPCP CCP tun command

adsl:

  set authkey  mypassword
  set device !"/usr/local/bin/pppoa2 -vpi 8 -vci 35 -v 1"
  accept chap
  set speed sync
  set timeout 0
  enable lqr
  set lqrperiod 5
  set redial 15 10000
  set dial ""
  set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
  add default HISADDR
  enable dns

4) I can successfully run modem_run and install the driver OK
5) When I execute pppd -ddial asdl, I get errors telling me:

Unknown protocol 0x7070 ( unrecognized protocol )
Connection reset by peer
Disconnected!
lcp->logout
logout->hangup
Disconnected!
Connect time: 0 secs: 40 octets inm 48 octets out

Any help? Thanks.
Rick

1. Speedtouch ADSL can't reconnect

Hello

Having set up my speedtouch adsl modem with instruction and drivers
from benoit papillault, everything works fine in that after I boot up
I run
modem_run -f <modemmicrocode>
followed by
pppd call adsl

and I connect perfectly.

The problem is that if I terminate the connection I cannot reconnect.
Subsequent calls to pppd call adsl result in pppd producing messages
about using /dev/ptsx (where is 1 then 2, 3 etc) and sending LCP echo
requests and getting no responses.

Benoit's instructions refer to a reconnect problem that should be
fixed by applying a patch to the file n_hdlc.c. This patch is in place
already for my system as it is running kernel 2.4.20 but it doesn't
help me.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? Any help greatly
appreciated.

Hal

PS I did try rmmod usb_uhci/insmod usb_uhci before trying to reconnect
to see if it would reset things but to no avail.

2. Solaris 7 and framebuffer bwtwo

3. Speedtouch ADSL - Orange LED always ON - HELP!

4. Power outage

5. ALCATEL USB SpeedTouch ADSL modem & Linux RH 7.0?

6. bahah.

7. speedtouch adsl modem

8. Problem with ELSA Modem

9. Alcatel Speedtouch ADSL Redhat 7.1

10. SpeedTouch ADSL USB with PPPoA ISP

11. Alcatel Speedtouch ADSL Modem

12. Telnet access to Alcatel Speedtouch ADSL modems

13. pppd problems - getting PPPoATM working for Speedtouch ADSL Modem