Adaptec 2100s Raid Card w/ 4.3 RELEASE

Post by Seth Bjo » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:44:02

I am running FreeBSD 4.3 RELEASE on a box w/ an Adaptec 2100s Raid
card in RAID 1 configuration (two identical drives mirrored). Every
time that I gracefully shutdown the computer (shutdown -h now or
reboot), the raid 1 set gets damaged and I have to rebuild the array.
If I hit the power button after running FreeBSD, and not properly shut
it down the RAID 1 set stays okay.

Is there a way for me to modify my config or my kernel to make it not
blow up my array?

-Seth Bjorn

Adaptec 2100s Raid Card w/ 4.3 RELEASE

Post by Dine » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 15:13:52

Hi, seth

I would like to get the info of the yr harddrive with the firmware and
other information so that i will try this thing at my place and get
back to u as soon as i get the answer. Need all the info regarding yr
harddrive and also about the 2100s raid controller.

Thanks