Upgrading 4.5 Release to 4.5 STABLE

Post by Dan » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:33:13

Hi,

I have upgraded my firewall  using ipfilter with ipnat capablity.
Buildworld process went through smoothly.   But when booting with the
upgraded kernel, booting hangs at the "Local package initialization" ..but
if I hit CTRL-C, it will finish booting and let me log in, without user
intervention, it hangs.

The good part is the firewall allows traffic going in and out, does anyone
know how to get around this problem?

Thanks so much in advance.

Dan

1. Upgrading 4.5 Release to 4.5 STABLE

Hi,

I have upgraded my firewall  using ipfilter with ipnat capablity.
Buildworld process went through smoothly.   But when booting with the
upgraded kernel, booting hangs at the "Local package initialization" ..but
if I hit CTRL-C, it will finish booting and let me log in, without user
intervention, it hangs.

The good part is the firewall allows traffic going in and out, does anyone
know how to get around this problem?

Thanks so much in advance.

Dan

2. Made a clone of Linux server and that clone is very ill....

3. linux-jdk14 dies on 4.3 release and 4.5 release I'm not insane!

4. Remote backup using tar?

5. linux-jdk14 dies on 4.3 release but not on 4.5 release

6. QFA700

7. Remote Update from 4.4-RELEASE to 4.5-RELEASE

8. HELP NEEDED !!!

9. FBSD 3.1 Stable and Netscape Comm 4.5 Problem

10. 4.5-STABLE locking-up repeatedly

11. zebra and FreeBSD 4.5-stable

12. FreeBSD 4.5-Stable

13. Network hang in 4.5 stable