kernel debugging tools (kgdb??)

Post by shawn sabh » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:25:22

Hi, i am trying to get information on kernel debugging tools. Does kgdb
work on freeBSD.

Any information in development tools available for freeBSD will also be
helpful. Thanks.

kernel debugging tools (kgdb??)

Post by Lowell Gilber » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:29:27

comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not widely propagated, so you won't
necessarily get much help here (in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd).
See http://www.freebsd.org/support.html for better ideas...
[followups redirected accordingly]

> Hi, i am trying to get information on kernel debugging tools.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/...

Quote:>                                                               Does
> kgdb work on freeBSD.

No.  But gdb does.

Quote:> Any information in development tools available for freeBSD will also
> be helpful.

Try the "Developers' Handbook".
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/

1. kernel debugging tools (kgdb??)

Thanks for the answer. I am aware of the handbook solutions like gdb,
ddb but wanted to see if source level kernel debugging is possible.

kgdb can do it. I found mention in the internet in some newsgroup,
someone said that kgdb works on freeBSD. Are you sure kgdb does not work
on freeBSD?

2. Setting a path from a text file

3. kgdb kernel debug patch for 2.2.x kernels?

4. Easiest way to resolve to an absolute pathname

5. Debugging modules with kgdb - single stepping issues

6. BASIC for Linux?

7. what is this packet error..in doing kgdb...debugging?

8. any ipfilter success on solaris 10?

9. HELP: kgdb remote debugging

10. inux-source debugging with kgdb-patch

11. linux-source debugging with kgdb-patch

12. kgdb (kernel source level debugger) for 2.4 kernels

13. crash or adb? other kernel debug tools