news group client software survey

Post by 2002nu » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:03:44

what software do you use to read these news group messages?
looking for an alternative to netscape message center.

Post by j.. » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:46:39

> what software do you use to read these news group messages?
> looking for an alternative to netscape message center.

I use gnus, which is an emacs module. Works very well.

http://www.gnus.org/

news group client software survey

tin works fine for me

Post by Conrad Sabatie » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:52:18

>what software do you use to read these news group messages?
>looking for an alternative to netscape message center.

trn 4

--
Conrad Sabatier

1. Client E-mail and News software for Linux?

Hi,

  Linux is by far my favorite OS ... however I must admit that
it isn't perfect. For example, to check my mail and/or use the
newsgroups, I still have to resort to MacOS or to Windows. The
reason for this is that while these other two platforms have
programs like Eudora and Outlook Express and Netscape, which
will connect to remote POP servers ... it appears that all the
mail and news software for Linux expects the mail/news client
and the mail/news server to be the same machine.

  Is there any mail/news software for Linux that allows you
to connect to a separate POP/NNTP server the same way that
you can do so on MacOS and on Windows?

     Thanks in advance,
          Adam

2. Simple sed replacement tool

3. Problem with slrn news client and news server

4. Active Server Pages for Apache 1.3.9

5. Microsoft Licensing 6.0 Survey (Bad news for microsoft)

6. Help with networking problem

7. Minimal software needed to run LDAP client and SSL client

8. SAL: Scientific Applications for Linux

9. GREAT News.com Survey: Readers bullish on security, Linux

10. DECUS - Very quick user group / technical conference survey

11. Freeware security tools Survey to the group.

12. News, News, News!

13. Survey of POP client behavior?