Power off on shutdown

Post by Arie Feestkanari » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:45:13

I would like "shutdown -p now" actually power off my ATX system.
The shutdown(1) manual page mentions you need hardware support for
this, but does not list the devices needed for the "-p" option to
work.

The LINT kernel config file mentions something about the PIIX power
management chipset (which my BSD box has). If I compile this in the
kernel, will shutdown(1) use it?

Some pointers to documentation on this would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Arie

Power off on shutdown

Post by Lowell Gilber » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:16:16

comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not widely propagated, so you won't
necessarily get much help here.
See http://www.freebsd.org/support.html for better ideas...
<followups redirected accordingly>

> I would like "shutdown -p now" actually power off my ATX system.
> The shutdown(1) manual page mentions you need hardware support for
> this, but does not list the devices needed for the "-p" option to
> work.

> The LINT kernel config file mentions something about the PIIX power
> management chipset (which my BSD box has). If I compile this in the
> kernel, will shutdown(1) use it?

> Some pointers to documentation on this would be very much appreciated.

apm(8)

Power off on shutdown

Post by Nuno Antun » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:55:30

The answer is at
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=886

Nuno

1. RH 7.2 Power Management, power-off on shutdown?

Hi,

I  am using  an SMP  machine  (Tyan 1836  dual uprocessors).  Previous
versions of  RH allowed me  to power-off the machine  during shutdown,
but  I  am  not  able  to  shutoff the  power  using  RH  7.2.   Tried
recompiling the kernel,  etc.  Has anyone gotten power-off  to work on
an SMP?  I would love some suggestions.

Thanks,

marc

--

2. su - PATH

3. v2.4.1-v2.4.3pre2 doesnt power off by halt or shutdown -h

4. RAW Socket

5. Auto power off on shutdown?

6. Samba 2.0.0 beta Problems -with 95

7. How can I use power off on shutdown with my DFI K6-XV3+ - mainboard?

8. Help? Time synchronization over Internet?

9. Shutdown won't Power-off using SuSE-6.1

10. No power off at shutdown

11. No power off on shutdown

12. power off after shutdown command

13. Can power-off call shutdown ?