tcsh Controlling Expressions Syntax

Post by <j.. » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:04:51

This, in bash, is what I'm trying to do in tcsh:

Quote:> for i in * ; do echo $i ; done

I know how to use the foreach command to do it similarly:
Quote:> foreach i ( * )

?> echo $i
?> end

but this way makes me write the foreach statements on seperate lines. Is it
possible to do it in the same fashion as in bash?

thanks

1. tcsh Controlling Expression Question

This, in bash, is what I'm trying to do in tcsh:

I know how to use the foreach command to do it similarly:
?> echo $i
?> end

but this way makes me write the foreach statements on seperate lines. Is it
possible to do it in the same fashion as in bash? (ie: on one line)

thanks

2. Wanting to move over...

3. Regular Expression Syntax Limitation?

4. Matching Open Sockets with processes

5. Help with samples of regular expressions syntax please

6. select() blocks until keypress, then returns 1 thereafter

7. @: Expression syntax

8. wmaker and wmppp users

9. if :Expression Syntax problem at login

10. Need to know correct syntax for conditional expression

11. if expression syntax error

12. Regular Expressions not alwas working in tcsh

13. * Quoting that expression as an tcsh-alias ?