/usr/compat delete?

Post by Mang » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:35:48

Hi

I am keen to reduce my disk usage and wondering how safe it would be to
start deleting stuff from /usr/compat. I am just running a simple email/web
server and never use linux compatibility.

Thanks for any suggestions

Sam

/usr/compat delete?

Post by Lowell Gilber » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 01:59:24

comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not a well-propagated newsgroup (officially,
it doesn't exist):  try comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc if you need FreeBSD
support on a newsgroup.

> I am keen to reduce my disk usage and wondering how safe it would be to
> start deleting stuff from /usr/compat. I am just running a simple email/web
> server and never use linux compatibility.

It should be perfectly safe.
You might want to check whether you installed those files from a port,
and remove the port.  /usr/compat doesn't contain any files in a
default installation.