Word Perfect

Post by lemhanov » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:06:16

I installed Word Perfect 8 using a CD from the late Maximum Linux
magazine.  I am missing icons in the tool bars and other graphics.
Can some one give a newbie some hints to find out what else needs to
be installed/activated or ..?

Thanks

Word Perfect

Post by Marcel Po » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:54:39

> I installed Word Perfect 8 using a CD from the late Maximum Linux
> magazine.  I am missing icons in the tool bars and other graphics. Can
> some one give a newbie some hints to find out what else needs to be
> installed/activated or ..?

Apparently you use XFree 3.3 with a S3 driver.
Try changing the depth.
Like if you use a depth of 16 bpp, try 24, or the other way around.
It's a problem in the XFree driver for the s3 card.

--
Marcel Pol

1. Symbolic Links and Corel Word Perfect

I have attempted to install the Corel Word Perfect Suite numerous times without success.

The apparent problem is that Word Perfect is installed in  the directory which is part of the
root directory. My root directory and the majority of others is usually about 100mb.

Since the Word Perfect Suite is 125mb ir never successfully installs in the /opt directory because
it is too large a program.

The logical suggestion is to create a symbolic link between the /opt directory and an artificially
created directory called usr/opt. My user directory is 1.5gb so theoretically that should do the trick.

However after creating the symbolic link and rebooting ,he software still installs itself into the
/opt directory with dismal results.

I also created the directories:  usr/opt/wp70 and /opt/wp70 and then linking them with megative
results.

I even tried reversing the links and again no dice.

I attempted hard linking but the system would not allow it.

The thing that troubles me is that another user on this group sucessfully utilized
the above method. I'm wondering if there is an application that checks on the
symbolic links, detects errors and then corrects.

Thanx in advance

Alan

2. @@@ Connecting To The Internet: IMPOSSIBLE @@@

3. Printing from Linux Star Office & Word Perfect

4. "eth0" vs. "eth0:1"

5. Word Perfect on Unix

6. Problem: X-server gives only a black screen!

7. Word Perfect eller StarOffice?

8. Printing probs w Deb 1.2 & kernel 2.0.27

9. Corel Word Perfect 7.0 from the Red Hat Distribution

10. Word Perfect on Linux

11. word perfect for linux

12. Word Perfect 8.0 d/l question

13. Word Perfect for Aix