FreeBSD

Post by James Dearnle » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:26:31

Can anyone give me the make and model of a pre-built pc on which to install
FreeBSD successfully. I've repeatedly had problems installing FreeBSD on
Compaq desktop machines.

Thx

James

FreeBSD

Post by Richar » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:18:56

Quote:> Can anyone give me the make and model of a pre-built pc on which to
install
> FreeBSD successfully. I've repeatedly had problems installing FreeBSD on
> Compaq desktop machines.

> Thx

> James

Overall, I personally wouldn't recommend Compaq... But, I have installed
FreeBSD and other BSD's on Compaq workstations and servers - mostly all the
time, all the RAM isn't detected (was same with Linux) but that's easy to
correct.

What kinda problem(s) are or were you having?

FreeBSD

Post by cc1 » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:03:51

What problem are you having? I have freebsd 5 installed on a deskpro
180 and a k6 presario.

> Can anyone give me the make and model of a pre-built pc on which to install
> FreeBSD successfully. I've repeatedly had problems installing FreeBSD on
> Compaq desktop machines.

> Thx

> James

1. Java with HotSpot on FreeBSD (Was: Re: A Call to Action for freebsd-java)

 > > I explained to him further that FreeBSD was going to have some
 > > challenges moving to 1.4 because of the disappearance of 'classic' mode in
 > > 1.4 and that we could really use some direct contact with Sun Engineers to
 > > help with HotSpot.
 >
 > No need to worry any more. The buzz is starting to spread around that
 > HotSpot is working under FreeBSD now. ;)

I seem to recall reading that this will only work with 5.x, and
that there were no plans for making it work 4.x.  Is this (still?)
correct?

Is this going to be available in the next patchset?  If so, do you
have any idea when the next patchset will be available?

Thanks.

Chris

2. SCO unix w/ TCP/IP

3. FreeBSD 4.5 vs. FreeBSD 3.2 - Which One

4. Commercial: Linux System Administration Bootcamp W/Free Laptop!

5. Use FreeBSD telnet to FreeBSD problem

6. Please help with IDE CDROM installation

7. ideas od perf of samba + freebsd vs nfs + freebsd

8. sh for Linux

9. IBM JDK on FreeBSD (Was: JDK 1.3.1 on Freebsd?)

10. Wine problem under Freebsd (maybe freebsd ports?)

11. FreeBSD or NOT FreeBSD ?

12. EIDE & FreeBSD; Windows NT 3.51 & FreeBSD.

13. FreeBSD 4.0R -> FreeBSD 4.0-stable using ftp?