Installation Floppies

Post by Matt » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:37:24

I am trying to get Freebsd Installed but I am running into some problems

Everytime I try to extract My boot.flp on to my floppy drive it says its too
big.

Thanks ahead of time if anyone responds!

Installation Floppies

Post by none » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:02:38

> I am trying to get Freebsd Installed but I am running into some problems

> Everytime I try to extract My boot.flp on to my floppy drive it says its too
> big.

> Thanks ahead of time if anyone responds!

You are probably using the 2.88 MB image. Use the two 1.44 MB floppies.
They are in the same directory.

--
md5sum - Unix virus scanner.

1. [Fwd: How to boot SunSparc with Linux installation floppy.]

[ Attached Message ]

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 23:42:32 +0800
Subject: How to boot SunSparc with Linux installation floppy.
Hi folks,

    I had a SunSparc-10 that was installed with Solaris OS before I
get it. Now, I want to install Linux to it, but can make it boot from
floppy even though I follow the installation instruction from Mandrake
Linux to generate a installation floppy. It always boot up from sda0.
I just want to know how to make it boot from floppy. Thank a lot

Best Regards,
King

2. 24bit color and Linux?

3. 3c905B TX PCI network card and 3.0 installation floppy

4. XFconfig weirdness

5. building RH 5.1 installation floppies

6. Bourne Shell Problem

7. How to boot SunSparc with Linux installation floppy.

8. Sun Workshop 5.0 Developer Release licensing issue!

9. **Help, Help, I lost my solaris 2.5 installation floppy disk**

10. HELP! r4 installation floppy troubles on 9500/120

11. installation floppy boot failed

12. Creating Slackware installation floppies

13. Installation floppy disk for solaris 7 x86