OT - Konqueror without KDE

Post by Skeleton Ma » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:37:38

Hi,
I can't find much on google about exactly what I need from KDE to run
konqueror standalone without the whole KDE window manager...  I have kdebase
and kdelibs but it appears to want more..  Can someone point me in the right
direction ?

Regards,
Chris

1. Starting KDE Applications without KDE as WIndowmananger

I must doing something wrong, I guess. Trying to use cervisia, a
KDE application simplifying the use of CVS, _without_ starting
KDE, brings up an error message when opening a Filebox (eg.
"open sandbox"): "Can't talk to klauncher" and the Filebox is
empty.

If I initialze KDE with "LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit +kcminit"
everything goes smooth, but it's consuming an amount of memory,
which is not acceptable (IMHO).

My question: How to start a KDE application at best without
starting the KDE windowmananger (I'm using icewm)?

Thanks in advance

Bernd

2. fix kdev_val typo

3. (OT) Gates admits Windows can be used without middleware

4. Cable connection and NATD.....again

5. OT: Multisession without RockRidge?

6. Which book do you recommend to a Solaris new user?

7. [OT} What do you call a Windows user without a mouse?

8. How to make Konqueror start a mail program upon clicking a mailto-link?

9. Linux friendly cell phone (with ot without pda functionality)

10. OT: KDE-like Win XP themes

11. (OT) MS' MIT prof witness gets toasted over KDE, GNOME

12. OT: Opening a KDE window in Assembly

13. MAYBE OT: kde programming KGlobal::config() problem