Hard Drive Space

Post by Joseph Cais » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:45:50

Can anyone tell me a command or a function in Linux, Freebsd UNIX, and
Solaris that gets how much hard drive space a system has and how much
hard drive space is free?  Thanks.

Hard Drive Space

Post by Eduard Tiesel » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:46:42

> Can anyone tell me a command or a function in Linux, Freebsd UNIX, and
> Solaris that gets how much hard drive space a system has and how much
> hard drive space is free?  Thanks.

You can use 'df' Disk Full and 'du' Disk usage.  I know these work
with Linux and FreeBSD.  I havent used solaris, but it should work
there also.

Of course leave out the single quotes.

df should show you your mounting points and the percentage used

du should show you the size of files in your current directory.

Read the man pages for these for all the flags you can use to get
exactly what you need.

Hope this helps

1. Hard Drive space

Can anyone tell me a command or a function in Linux, Freebsd UNIX, and
Solaris that gets how much hard drive space a system has and how much
hard drive space is free?  Thanks.

2. UNIX2DOS with sed in ksh88

3. Hard drive space?

4. 4000 hangs in a weird way.

5. Partitioning and Hard Drive Space for Linux

6. 3COM905-T4 compatible with OpenBSD ?

7. hard drive space

8. Help with scsi cd-rom please.

9. Hard drive space