FreeBSD and Agenda VR3?

Post by Mich » Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:08:18

My question s rather short:

Does anyone already have experience in synconizing Korganizer on FreeBSD
with the Agenda VR3 Linux PDA? I'm having lots of troubles,  though I think
it should work.
I'm using an older matrix root disk and the 0.40 syncmanager, if i try to
upgrade the quicksync tool, I get an error message on the Agenda ("Partner
failed to authenticate", ??)

(Recompiling the needed software is a mess too, if you ask me...)

I would appreciate help a lot, for I am quite desperate at teh moment,
thanks.

1. Agenda VR3 review in Pen Computing Magazine

The March issue has a review of the Linux-based "Agenda VR3" PDA.
The review is a little dated (it sounds like the wrote it a few months
ago and didn't get around to publishing it until now), but it's pretty good.

The article doesn't seem to be online yet, but if you can find a printed
copy, the article is around page 52 or 53, and is two pages long.

  http://www.pencomputing.com/

FYI, I grabbed a Developers Edition about a month ago (I don't think they're
available any more) and it's a pretty nice machine, especially for the price.

As soon as they get some things ironed out (hand writing recognition is a
little hard, and they're working on ways to drastically increase the system's
general responsiveness), it'll be top notch.

Developing for it is insanely easy, too.  I've already written a small app.,
an arcade game, and have begun porting an emulator to it.  (The emulator
ran pretty out of the box... I'm just working on making the emulator support
PDA resolution, and creating a nice GUI launcher for it.)

If you're into Linux, you _need_ one of these.

If you're not into Linux, keep your eye on it, because it's going places!

-bill!

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/bill/

2. 1.2.13 compile error

3. ANNC: "Thumbpad" for Agenda VR3

4. linux directory

5. MailAgent for Agenda VR3

6. Hostname??

7. Xtops.DE Offers AGENDA VR3 - The First Dedicated Linux PDA

8. Mouse busy problem

9. Agenda VR3 Review @ barga!nPDA.com

10. Ethernet for Agenda VR3!

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.