Hang At Login

Post by Create AV Production » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:08:19

Tried the newbie list...couldn't find an answer.  I installed FreeBSD, all
looks good until I get to the login prompt.  It is as if the system suddenly
does not recognize the keyboard even though it works up until this point.

Frustrating.  BTW...if this question is inappropriate for this group please
accept my apologies.

Thanks!

Hang At Login

Post by Lowell Gilber » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:17:40

Quote:> Tried the newbie list...couldn't find an answer.  I installed FreeBSD, all
> looks good until I get to the login prompt.  It is as if the system suddenly
> does not recognize the keyboard even though it works up until this point.

If it's a USB keyboard, the support is fairly new, and you should
probably make sure you're using FreeBSD 4.8 (or an even more
up-to-date 4.x, if you can).  Another thing to check is whether
ctrl-alt-del does anything.  If you configured devices during the
install, go back to the install disks, boot with them, and make sure
you *didn't* disable the keyboard device.

Quote:> Frustrating.  BTW...if this question is inappropriate for this group please
> accept my apologies.

Not inappropriate so much as inadvisable.  It was never officially
created, and so most people don't get it.  The useful sources of
support are listed at
        http://www.freebsd.org/support.html

1. 'read' statement in script hang CDE login

Hi,

I'm having a login script for user who telnet to a machine to configure
the JDK version according to choice selection.

Thus, I've added a read statement to a script which run in /etc/profile
so that each time the user telnet into the machine, the script get
activated.
The script works fine for telnet. However, with the read statement in
the script, CDE login hangs.

Can anyone kindly suggest any workaround?

Thanks.

Han Ming

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Installation problem

3. DIP, connects but hangs at login

4. FC-AL drivers, needs to be forceloaded?

5. NFS mount with ksh - user hung on login

6. SCO MPX on HP Netserver LS2

7. Hang At Login

8. Compressing Linux-stuff

9. Gnome 2.0 Beta 1 won't start/hang on login

10. Machine hang on login with NIS+....

11. Telnet hangs before login-prompt.

12. ttsession hangs during login

13. Qpopper hangs during login