PC reboots on shutdown after adding harddisk

PC reboots on shutdown after adding harddisk

Post by Ronald Haentjens Dekke » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

After a clean installation of Windows 2000 the auto shutdown function of
Windows worked correctly. But when I change the setup of my harddisks
and/or my cd-rom drive, the system reboots when I choose shutdown in the
start menu.
With changing the setup of my harddisks and/or my cd-rom drive I mean
that I add or remove a harddisk or my cd-rom from my system.
My computer is ACPI 1.2 compatible and is installed as ACPI PC in
Windows 2000. I tried installing it as a Standard PC in Windows 2000,
but that did not solve the problem.
Upgrading (reinstalling) Windows 2000 doesn't solve the problem either:
instead of rebooting the computer on shutdown, I get an "driver power
state failure" on shutdown.
BTW: reboot on system error is turned OFF, that is not causing the
reboot...
Restoring my harddisk setup to the setup at the moment of the clean
installation doesn't solve the problem either.
As far as I know, I am only using Windows 2000 specific drivers...

Any help would be much apreciated, I don't think I am the only one with
this problem.

Ronald Haentjens Dekker