Problem with System 'Hanging' for 20-30 seconds.

Problem with System 'Hanging' for 20-30 seconds.

Post by Colin McNaughto » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I've got a system with 2 x IDE HD's on the primary IDE channel and a CD rom
& DVD drive on the 2ndary. Fast PIII cpu, loads of memory etc.

Win 2k Professional seems fine and speedy on my system but every couple of
minutes, 'freezes' for 20-30 seconds, during which time the HDD light is on
constantly. If I just wait, the system continues fine. I've tried dropping
the IDE controller to PIO mode 4 on all four devices with no effect.

It's a ABIT BH6 mobo by the way....

Anybody got any thoughts ?

1. Problem: System hangs every 20 seconds for only 1 second.

Hi,

I have a problem with a compu of a friend.
It seems that every 18-20 seconds the system hangs for approximately 1
second.
It doesn't matter if I am playing with the start-menu, cruising with the
mouse over the desktop or playing quake in single or multi player mode. The
system freezes for 1 second, 18 seconds of normal work, 1 second freeze ...
I have no idea where to look for the problem, let alone solve it.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

2. Oooh.. Nightshifts...

3. Explorer Win98 and 'My Computer' hang up for 20 -60 sec

4. Long-term archive utility for MS Exch 4.0 ??

5. win2k seems to die after 20-30 mins of non-use on network

6. HP Deskjet 670C problem - 11 jets not working

7. Loose connection every 20-30 minutes

8. win2k pro takes 20-30 min to logon to network

9. Why does win98 always '20 times/day' check my A: drive 'HELP'

10. Discussion of last night's 20/20 program

11. Problem: File Explorer Hangs for 30 Seconds when Deleting/Renaming Dirs