service pack question

Post by Mike Castill » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 04:53:38

Installed SP 2 for my Win 2000 machine. Everything works
fine, but I would like to reclaim some space on my root
drive (C:). There is a folder that seems to have been
created right under my root drive during the SP install
called ServicePackFiles. Can I blow this away? If it is
just there so I can undo the SP, then since everything has
been fine for several weeks, I'm not worrying about
rolling back, so can I get rid of these files or are they
actively used?

Thank you,

Mike

service pack question

Post by Dave Patric » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 06:33:53

Windows 2000 will use the \ServicePackFiles folder in the event you Add components to the system.
Best to leave this folder. If your current service pack is stable and you don't anticipate backing
down, you can delete the dir
%windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$

--
Regards,

Microsoft MVP [Windows 2000 Client/ User Interface]

> Installed SP 2 for my Win 2000 machine. Everything works
> fine, but I would like to reclaim some space on my root
> drive (C:). There is a folder that seems to have been
> created right under my root drive during the SP install
> called ServicePackFiles. Can I blow this away? If it is
> just there so I can undo the SP, then since everything has
> been fine for several weeks, I'm not worrying about
> rolling back, so can I get rid of these files or are they
> actively used?

> Thank you,

> Mike

1. Service Pack Question

Where can I find out when a service pack was applied? I know the registry of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion\ shows which, but I believe the install date there applies to the O/S install.

Dan Rosenberger
DataCom, Inc.
219.764.2599

2. Wireless email and maps?