Socket Test Failure

Post by Kurt Bowe » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:18:49

I recently upgraded to Windows 2K Pro from 98. My system crashed yesterday
immediately displaying this blue screen with an error message.  There were
details there about this memory change and how I should maybe remove newly
installed software or video adapters. Upon reboot the message '1064 - Memory
Changed' is diplayed. When I continue on with the reboot, I get a the same blue
screen. I'm only able to get to Windows via safe mode.

I performed a memory check in diagnostics; the 'All Sockets' test FAILED.

Any suggestions for this non-professional?

Fact: My sys is an AMD K6.
Fact: Only 3 components of software have been installed.

Thanks,
Kurt Bowes